Fila creates fitness attire for Sports Club/LA staff
The Sports Club/LA, the gold standard for health clubs committed to helping Members achieve their fitness goals, announces a partnership with Fila, a leading athletic apparel and footwear brand. The unique partnership will launch at five Sports Club/LA locations in Boston, Miami, New York-Upper East Side, San Francisco and Washington D.C in early-October 2011.
As partners with like-minded health and wellness philosophies, the companies will collaborate to bring added value to both Members of the five flagship Sports Club/LA locations as well as Fila customers. Highlights of the partnership include:
• Development of signature co-branded classes for multi-functional conditioning and for specific sports activities,
• Fila clothing, ranging from general fitness to attire specially designed for yoga, personal performance/toning, and tennis will be available in the clubs' retail shops,
• Creation of new, exclusive uniforms for health club staff that include private trainers, and reception staff,
• Promotional events held at the Clubs including product launches and athlete appearances,
• Creation of health and fitness content for multiple mediums,
• The Sports Club/LA fitness professionals will be a key resource for Fila in product testing development focus.
“As the premier brand in health and fitness clubs, I am thrilled to partner with Fila, a brand synonymous with performance and sophistication,” said Teresa Coffey-Gordon, Chief Marketing Officer, Millennium Partners Sports Club Management. “I strongly feel that collaborating with Fila to create innovative programming, as well as providing access to Fila's high design and functional products, will help our Members and employees better achieve their health and fitness goals,” added Coffey-Gordon.
“Our partnership with The Sports Club/LA is a key strategic initiative for the Fila brand,” said Danny Lieberman, Fila's Vice President Apparel. “Fila has received a tremendous response to its Body Toning and Personal Performance product lines, and we feel the best-in-class fitness professionals at The Sports Club/LA will be a valued research and development resource as we expand our apparel offering and fitness program. We look forward to working with The Sports Club/LA as a platform to create new product ideas for the future.”
Millennium Partners Sports Club Management LLC, a subsidiary of Millennium Partners, a nationally recognized developer of luxury mixed-use properties, is an operator of six premier health clubs committed to helping Members achieve their fitness goals by providing an extensive range of amenities and programs, as well as access to highly experienced fitness professionals, all within state-of-the-art facilities of unparalleled size.
2011 marks the centennial of the Fila brand which was established in Biella, Italy in 1911 by the Fila brothers. Fila is now a leading manufacturer of sport and leisure footwear and apparel distributed worldwide.The internationally respected company, having gained world class recognition in tennis apparel, has developed brand recognition by marketing high design and style content products that are endorsed by professional athletes from around the world.