Home / Knowledge / News / Apparel/Garments / Fung Capital to acquire stake in Sonia Rykiel
Fung Capital to acquire stake in Sonia Rykiel
31
Jan '12
Talks are on between Fung Capital Ltd., the investment arm of billionaire brothers Victor and William Fung, and French fashion house Sonia Rykiel, as the former proposes to procure an 80 percent stake in the later.

According to a joint statement released by both the companies, Fung Brands Ltd., a division of Fung Capital will acquire 80 percent stake in Sonia Rykiel, the brand founded in 1968 by the Rykiel family. The Rykiel family would continue to hold the remaining 20 percent stake in the firm.

The Fung family holds the biggest stake in Li & Fung Ltd., a firm listed on Hong Kong stock exchange. The firm is the largest supplier of consumer products to leading retailers like Marks & Spencer Group Plc. and Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

India much behind China in containerised cargo capacity

Textiles | On 18th Dec 2017

India much behind China in containerised cargo capacity

India’s total containerised cargo capacity of 8.75 million...

Courtesy: Heimtextil theme-park

Textiles | On 17th Dec 2017

Heimtextil’s Theme Park to offer multi-sensory impact

Titled “The future is urban”, the Theme Park at Heimtextil during...

Courtesy: Honeywell

Textiles | On 17th Dec 2017

Honeywell acquires 25 pc ownership interest in Flux

Honeywell has acquired 25 per cent ownership interest in Flux...

Interviews View All

Nitin Soni
Dolphin Jingwei Machines

Taxation policies need to be made simpler

Marazban F Velati
Sutlej Textiles & Industries limited

No training can be effective till the candidate believes in it.

Akash Khetan
Narayan Tex Fab

I find it hard to find professionals in Surat

Sugandha Bhardwaj

<div>New Delhi-based Brinjal Designs Pvt Ltd manufactures home furnishing...

Nitesh Mittal

Kusumgar Corporates is a leading manufacturer of technical textiles and...

Hardik Sanghvi

Idealin Fogging Systems has been engaged in designing and manufacturing...

Eamonn Tighe
Nature Works LLC

Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...

Mohammad Hassan
Biax Fiberfilm

About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Jay Ramrakhiani
Occasions Elegance Wear

It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...

Akta Adani
India Boulevard

India Boulevard is a San Francisco-based curated fashion marketplace that...

Igor Chapurin
Chapurin

"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

December 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
68.1%
No
13.8%
Skip
18.1%

Total Votes: 94

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
62.8%
No
29.8%
Skip
7.4%

Total Votes: 94

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
9.6%
Skip
3.2%

Total Votes: 94

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
81.9%
No
8.5%
Skip
9.6%

Total Votes: 94


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search