Ex-Reliance Trends CEO launches Fashionara.com
Former CEO of Reliance Trends, Arun Sirdeshmukh, and Global e-commerce expert, Darpan Munjal, have combined their rich and varied experience across fashion retail and e-commerce, to launch Fashionara.com. The latest entrant into the buoyant online fashion market, Fashionara.com, is an online fashion mall that offers merchandise from premium and luxury fashion brands across apparel, footwear and accessories.
Fashionara.com aims to position Indian online fashion retail among its global peers through a visually-enriched online shopping experience and enhanced offline customer engagement.
Fashionara.com marks the beginning of e-retail 2.0 in India. The site is launched for private access with several features that have never been seen before in Indian e-commerce.
Social shopping: Fashionara.com is the first online fashion retailer to launch 'Social Shopping' in India, allowing customers to shop directly from Facebook. This is coupled with other social integrations such as product reviews, creating wishlist and sharing products/purchases with social network for recommendations.
Rich visual shopping experience: Superior technology and imagery enable a more visual and interactive experience, providing the customer a better sense of what's being bought online -
• 'Compare' multiple products before making final purchase decision
• View multiple views of the same product with 'Slideshow' feature
• The 'video catalogue' mimics a fitting room, where videos of the garment worn by a fashion model display 'close-ups', 'side-views' and 'walking views' to showcase the drape and fall of high fashion garment.
• Fashionara's 'look book' feature enables the customer to view a complete ensemble or 'look' consisting of several pieces of apparel, footwear and accessories. Customers can choose to purchase individual products or purchase the entire 'look'.
• Superior product search algorithms include intuitive, multiple search filters to facilitate better navigation.
• Single page check-out as against the customary 3-page checkout process. A one page option also offers better visibility of personal information that is being keyed in.
Enhanced customer service: Hassle-free return policies, faster deliveries, creative packaging and even the manner of handing over the consignment are some back-end innovations at Fashionara.com. This is to build trust-enablers and deeper customer engagement in the post-purchase stage.
A significant step towards making deliveries predictable is the 'Express Shipping' option of Fashionara, which offers guaranteed next day deliveries across (currently) 6 cities in India.
“We believe that the customers now want better online experiences, seamless offline interfaces with 'unexpected' customer service. Our promise is to present a premium online fashion mall that will offer choice, convenience, superior value and a world-class user experience to customers in India.” added Darpan Munjal, Co-founder and Director, Fashionara.com.