Silhouettes and Trends
- Narrow printed skirts are the must-haves of the summer. Atelier GARDEUR interprets these with a narrow dress stripe or feminine fabric belt.
- Pleated skirts see a comeback in Summer 2013 and feature with a whole host of different pleating arrangements. With 63 cm to 67 cm lengths the feminine styles play elegantly around the knee.
- 100 cm long hippie skirts remain on the scene and this season feature with new prints.
- Knee-length, flared skirts, translated as micro-polyester for instance, show women from their feminine side.
- A-line skirts with lengths between 53 cm and 67 cm have firmly become established. Atelier GARDEUR showcases them in plain linen, cotton as well as in various prints.
- Fashionable tulip styles in 53 cm to 57 cm add a modern touch.
- Patch styles in all variations are indispensable. With a detachable hem section or yoke the most varied of material combinations produce special excitement.
- Midi skirts in lengths between 75 cm and 85 cm boast added charm thanks to central button facings at the front, trims and belt details.
“Brilliant Graphic” is a very clear and feminine look with a classically sophisticated touch. In terms of colour black, white and grey nuances dominate here alongside radiant electric blue. Exciting contrasts arise in material/pattern mix: for instance, a graphic black and white print meets plain black patches. Sporty denim appliqués on a classic, Chanel-style woollen bouclé also strike a new note. A key trend theme are photo prints – for instance, as grey nuanced skylines extending across the entire skirt hem. Graphic prints also play a key role. Playful polka dots feature in different sizes and looks. With fabrics a crepe-like polyester blend makes for swingy skirt shapes and sun pleats. Narrow skirt lines are transposed by Atelier GARDEUR in modern techno fabrics. An occasion-oriented skirt features in shiny satin. And classy black and electric blue are found in flowing micro-polyester.
“Modern Edition” presents a maritime-inspired, classic colour scheme featuring hard white to off-white, navy, warm to golden sand and strong orange-red. Prints are also marked by typical maritime looks such as broad block stripes in maritime colours or nautical symbols like boating knots. Basic maritime colours also dominate with pleated skirts in a crepe-like polyester blend. A trend theme is the so-called wet look achieved with coated cotton. In the sporty segment washed burlap creates a discreet colouring for a calm basic mood. With the narrow skirt styles semi-sporty cotton-elasthane blends play a major role interpreted, for instance, in a strong orange-red. A skirt in fashionable dogtooth check features at Atelier GARDEUR in washed cotton. Clean blue denim is given a new look thanks to findings in shiny copper. Discreet shine also features in dot patterns on light cotton.
Apparel/Garments | On 18th Feb 2017
Over 95 per cent of the total investors in the Bangladesh apparel...
Textiles | On 18th Feb 2017
During a meeting held with stake holders of the carpet weaving...
Apparel/Garments | On 18th Feb 2017
At the recent CII Partnership Summit held in Hyderabad, memorandum of ...
Global Organic Textile Standard
‘GOTS is a very efficient supply chain management tool, especially for...
Indian fashion market is growing at a staggering rate
Sedo Treepoint GmbH
We see a higher demand in colour management systems, as customers see big...
Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...
About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....
Swerea IVF AB
Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...
Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...
Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company
One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...