Highlights for the three months to 31 December 2012
Total revenue £613m, up 9% underlying
Retail revenue £464m, up 13% underlying
- Comparable store sales grew 6%
- Outerwear contributed about half of mainline growth
- Prorsum and London further increased penetration
- Scarves, mens tailoring and accessories outperformed
Wholesale revenue £120m, down 5% underlying
- H2 underlying wholesale revenue now expected to be down low to mid single-digit percentage year-on-year
- Growth in US, Asia Travel Retail and Emerging Markets more than offset by weaker Europe
Licensing revenue £29m, up 4% underlying
- Double-digit growth from global product licences
- Innovative launch of The Britain watch
- Fragrance and beauty integration on plan
Further strategic and operational progress
- Opened seven stores, including new flagship in Chicago
- Digital commerce outperformed
- Spring 2013 advertising campaign generated record social media engagement
Angela Ahrendts, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“Burberry delivered 13% underlying retail growth in the third quarter, benefiting from a particularly strong week in the run up to Christmas. In an otherwise difficult quarter, core outerwear, mens and digital all outperformed. We expect the external global environment to remain challenging, but see continued opportunities to drive productivity in our existing business, while investing for growth in under-penetrated regions, product categories, channels and mediums.”
Fashion | On 23rd Jun 2018
Nigeria’s Bank of Industry has set aside 1 billion Naira (N) to...
Textiles | On 23rd Jun 2018
Algeria’s largest textile factory, the joint Algerian-Turkish company ...
Fashion | On 23rd Jun 2018
Manhattan Beachwear, the largest swimwear manufacturer in the US, has ...
Shades of India
Women value something that is unique and has a flavour of India
Fashion houses, India
With technology, it has become easier to ensure IPR
Bridalwear is not about reds and whites anymore
<div>Delhi-based fast fashion womenswear brand, Besiva, aims to bridge the ...
Sushila International, a well established textile organisation established ...
Textile Events is one of the largest textile fair in the United Kingdom,...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
<b>Samar Firdos</b>, Chief Manager (Design) at Lifestyle Apparel Denim...
The hype around 'designer jeans' was created by him. And the new wave of...
<div>Delhi-based Gritstones Clothing offers quality and exemplary style...