During the year, the Prada Group continued along its path of growth based on expanding the network of Directly Operated Stores (DOS): the 78 DOS opened during the year, along with major refurbishment and extension of existing stores, not only strengthened the Group’s position on traditional markets but also extended its presence in new, fast growing countries.
The Prada Group confirmed its position to the fore of the luxury goods segment with revenues in excess of Euro 3 billion and earnings among the highest in the sector.
-Consolidated net revenues totaled Euro 3,297.2 million, a 29% increase (+23% at constant exchange rates) on the Euro 2,555.6 million reported for 2011.
- EBITDA reached Euro 1,052.5 million, represented 31.9% of consolidated net revenues and increased by 38.6% on 2011.
- EBIT amounted to Euro 889.8 million, represented 27% of consolidated net revenues and increased by 41.5% on 2011.
- Net income increased by 44.9% from Euro 431.9 million in 2011 to Euro 625.7 million in 2012 and represented 19% of consolidated net revenues.
- The net financial position was positive and improved from Euro 13.6 million at February 1, 2012 to Euro 312.6 million at January 31, 2013 thanks to strong cash flow generation which also funded capital expenditure and dividend payments to the shareholders.
- Earnings per share increased by 41% from Euro 0.17 in 2011, to Euro 0.24 in 2012.
-The Board proposes payment of a dividend of Euro 0.09 per share. This proposal will be subject for approval to the Shareholders’ General Meeting convened on May 23 2013, in Milan.
Analysis of Revenues
In line with the Group’s distribution strategy, in 2012 the retail channel again made the greatest contribution to revenue growth. DOS sales generated revenues of Euro 2,664.2 million, a 35.6% increase on prior year (+28.6% at constant exchange rates) thanks to the contributions made by both new stores and existing stores. In 2012, the retail channel represented 81.8% of the Group’s consolidated net revenues, compared to 77.9% in 2011.
The wholesale channel generated net revenues of Euro 592.2 million, an increase of 6% (+2.9% at constant exchange rates), notwithstanding the decision to reduce the number of independent customers also following the opening of new DOS.
Royalties income also grew by 26.4% mainly thanks to the launch of the new Prada by LG cell phone which, with more than half a million units sold, confirms Prada’s continuing status as a benchmark for innovation and design.
Textiles | On 22nd Oct 2016
The Central government is likely to extend the recently approved Rs...
Apparel/Garments | On 22nd Oct 2016
Reebok, a pioneer in the sporting goods industry, has brought sneaker ...
Hindoostan Innovation Centre
‘Modern technical textile is an indispensable tool for science and...
‘Blending cultures is the true beauty of fashion, where one’s imagination...
Dow Microbial Control
'Silvadur is most rapidly adopted in areas where hygiene-conscious and...
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
Occasions Elegance Wear
It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...
Apparel/Garments | On 21st Oct 2016