- Sales rise to £1.26 billion, up 18.8%
- Full-year pre tax profit falls to £55.1 million or 18.3%
- Ongoing robust performance in core Sports fascias which continue to provide investment platform for future profitability in JD in Europe. In the UK and Ireland, these fascias contributed an additional £4.7m of operating profits in the year (before exceptional items) and we are building an appropriate store base in Europe for future success there.
- The good performance in the Sports fascias has continued in the current financial year with like for like sales growth in the UK and Ireland stores (excl Champion) of 1.9% in the 9 weeks to 6 April 2013.
- £14.9 million of operating losses (before exceptional items) incurred in Outdoor fascias but performance improving now that new management team has been installed with stocks being better managed, store investment commenced and ongoing cost reduction programme to deliver benefits in the current financial year.
Like for like sales in Outdoor in the current financial year have benefitted significantly both from the recent sustained cold weather and a sustained clearance programme from January through to March.
Peter Cowgill, Executive Chairman, said:"The core Sports fascias in the UK continue to produce excellent results and provide the Group with a very solid foundation for ongoing profitability and cash generation.
"We are pleased overall with the start that we have made to the new year. A very considerable amount of reorganisation in both Outdoor Retail and our warehousing and distribution operations is now behind us and this should benefit trading in the balance of the year.
"The Group is exceptionally well positioned with its retail proposition, financial resources and extended management experience to take advantage of opportunities both in the UK and internationally.
"Whilst the Board recognises that recent acquisition activity has impacted on short term returns, it remains confident that the Group is well positioned to deliver earnings growth and increased shareholder returns over the longer term."
Click here to read full results.
Textiles | On 22nd Jun 2017
Zund Systemtechnik AG, Switzerland’s textile machinery firm that...
Textiles | On 22nd Jun 2017
Hpfabrics, manufacturer of raw fabrics, is opening a new production...
Apparel/Garments | On 22nd Jun 2017
Napapijri has introduced the new Superlight Parka, a new lightweight...
‘Indian footwear market is nascent and largely a trend follower’
We are spending double digit figures on R&D
Zenitex Mill Pvt Ltd
Full of green energy
Bombay Textile Research Association
Bombay Textile Research Association (BTRA) is a leading name in textile...
About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....
Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.
Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...