The traditional FC Barcelona red and blue stripes boldly return to the new home shirt with a modern graphic fade stripe featured on the sleeves.
The shirt reflects the sublime simplicity of FC Barcelona’s style of play, which at first glance appears simple, but is in fact masterfully complex.
The jersey also features a vibrant yellow V-neck collar to represent the Catalan flag, the Senyera, which is also fully integrated in to the back of the collar. The red and yellow stripes of the Senyera also feature inside a side vent on the hem of both sides of the shirt. Inside the back of the neck is a woven label featuring the club’s motto “Mes que un Club” (More than a Club).
The new home shorts are blue, and the socks feature a thin yellow stripe at the top and a graphic red-and-blue stripe repeated from the sleeves.
For the first time, FC Barcelona will play in an away kit featuring the red and yellow of the Catalan flag — the Senyera — as the club’s traditional stripes.
The away shirt features a yellow-ribbed crew neck with red trim, amplifying the design of the home shirt. Bold yellow and red appears as the traditional stripes on the body and in the fade stripe on the sleeves. Inside the back of the neck is a luxury woven label featuring the club’s motto “mes que un club” (more than a club).
The new away shorts are red, and the new away socks feature a thin red stripe at the top and the same yellow and red fade stripe from the sleeves fully engineered into the sock.
The kit showcases Nike’s belief in style, craft and strong aesthetics, while aiding the performance of players with key technological features.
- The kit is made from recycled polyester in accord with Nike’s commitment to produce athletic wear with a low environmental impact. The shirt and shorts of each kit are made from up to thirteen recycled plastic water bottles.
- In the pioneering process plastic bottles are melted down to form yarn that is spun into recycled polyester, reducing energy consumption by up to 30 percent compared to manufacturing virgin polyester.
- Since 2010, Nike has diverted more than 1.1 billion plastic bottles from landfills through the use of recycled polyester.
Fabric and Nike Dri-FIT
- The kit is made of fabric weighing just 150 grams, 23 percent lighter than previous Nike kits. It also boasts a 20 percent stronger knit structure and significantly improved stretch.
-The fabric is integrated with Nike Dri-FIT technology to draw sweat away from the body to keep players cool and dry.
- Updated and improved ventilation zones consisting of tiny laser-cut holes on both sides and across the entire back of the shirt, as well as at the shorts' waistband allows more air inside the kit for additional comfort and cooling.
Fit and construction
- It has been crafted with bonded T-bars at the junctions of the shirts to support the seams and inner welded seams with a clean finish to give a more striking appearance while also increasing comfort and performance.
Textiles | On 22nd Oct 2016
The Central government is likely to extend the recently approved Rs...
Apparel/Garments | On 22nd Oct 2016
Reebok, a pioneer in the sporting goods industry, has brought sneaker ...
‘Blending cultures is the true beauty of fashion, where one’s imagination...
Surat dominates foiling, embossing and pleating
‘Portugal is taking away a major share of the mill made sector.’
Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.
Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...
About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...
Gildan Activewear SRL
Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...
Apparel/Garments | On 21st Oct 2016