The second edition of the IWP will be a fitting tribute to the International Wool Secretariat awards of the 1950s, from which it was inspired, with a total of 20 countries participating and 48 nominees selected from across the globe.
This year the Asia region has been expanded to include China, Hong Kong, South Korea and Japan. Ten finalists have been selected by industry bodies including China Fashion Association, Hong Kong Fashion Designers Association, Vogue China, Japan Fashion Week and Korea Fashion Association. The awards event will be held in Hong Kong.
The judging panel includes esteemed industry representatives;
- Kevin Carrigan, Global Creative Director, ck Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein
- Angelica Cheung, Editor Vogue China
- Bartley Ingram, Joyce and Lane Crawford
- Simon Lock, CEO The Lock Group
- Christian Wijnants, Winner of IWP 2012/13
Eight finalists have been selected by IMG Fashion for the Australia regional awards. The judging of the Australian award will be held in Sydney. The judging panel includes esteemed industry representatives;
- Sophie Clark, General Manager Womenswear David Jones
- Kellie Hush, Editor-in-Chief Harper’s BAZAAR
- Simon Lock, CEO The Lock Group
- Edwina McCann, Editor-in-Chief Vogue Australia
- Scott Schuman, Founder The Sartorialist
The participating countries for Europe include Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Denmark and United Kingdom. There are a total of 10 finalists for Europe that have been selected by leading industry bodies including the British Fashion Council, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid, Vogue Italy, Vogue Paris, NJAL, Premsela.org and Flanders Fashion Institute. Judging for the Europe region will take place in Milan. The judging panel includes esteemed industry representatives;
- Tim Blanks – Editor-at-Large Style.com
- Godfrey Deeny – Editor–at-Large, Le Figaro
- Colin McDowell – Fashion historian and commentator
- Angela Missoni – Creative Director, Missioni S.p.a.
- Franca Sozzani - Editor-in-Chief, Vogue and L’Uomo Vogue Italy
Apparel/Garments | On 25th Jun 2018
Italian high-end men's apparel brand Stone Island tops the list of...
Textiles | On 25th Jun 2018
Italy based Tecnorama’s fully-automatic machinery for dispensing...
We constantly communicate with employees at all levels
GST will certainly reduce a lot of paperwork in future
Marazban F Velati
Sutlej Textiles & Industries limited
No training can be effective till the candidate believes in it.
Established in 1956 with a small beginning, Embee today manufactures a...
MAG Solvics Private Limited was established in 1991 to design and develop...
Vidyashilp Academy in Bengaluru is the country's first Fairtrade School....
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
Swerea IVF AB
Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...
Technical Absorbents Ltd
Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...
Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company
One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...
"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...