The Joint Roadmap, Version 2, presents the ZDHC Group’s long term vision, interim 2015 milestones and 2020 goals. It builds on the previous Joint Roadmap document and sets out a new plan, incorporating and reflecting comments received from a wide range of stakeholders, including textile industry suppliers and associations, government agencies in Asia, Europe and the United States, non-governmental organisations, international development organisations and the chemical industry.
“To achieve the goal of systemic change and commercialisation of new, preferred alternative chemistries, we will need to transform the industry’s manufacturing inputs and processes. This requires full collaboration amongst thousands of organisations,” said Jessica Wollmuth, ZDHC Programme Manager. “Good progress has been achieved thus far, and the Joint Roadmap, Version 2, lays a firm foundation for creating an apparel and footwear industry that delivers high quality products using safe chemistries.”
ZDHC Group achievements in the past year include having:
- Completed chemical use and management surveys, and wastewater testing for approximately 150 analytes at 20 facilities in Bangladesh, China, India, Taiwan and Vietnam
- Completed a chemical inventory that is the most complete, publicly available compilation of information on chemicals used in the textile industry
- Developed training materials in English and Chinese
- Developed and delivered training to suppliers
- Engaged with more than 350 potential stakeholders
- Completed system mapping, critical to the understanding of the interconnected issues, leverage points and stakeholders involved.
- Agreed to timelines for the phase out of C8 chemistry by no later than January 1, 2015
- Worked with suppliers to address the most pressing chemicals of concern, starting with APEOS, and will continue to do so in 2013
- Worked to identify safer chemistries and mechanisms to incentivise chemical suppliers to invest in these alternatives
Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals Group / PUMA
Textiles | On 29th Apr 2017
The textile sector could have a uniform Goods and Services Tax (GST)...
Textiles | On 29th Apr 2017
European Union (EU) rules are needed to oblige textile and clothing...
Apparel/Garments | On 29th Apr 2017
The forecast for operating income growth in the US over the next 12...
‘There is huge demand in the Indian lingerie market for non-wired styles.’
‘The intimatewear category in India is slowly becoming trend-sensitive.’
Key Textile Accessories Private Limited
Chinese imports are destroying the supply chain
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...
Somaiya Kala Vidya
Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...
Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...
Apparel/Garments | On 28th Apr 2017