The Joint Roadmap, Version 2, presents the ZDHC Group’s long term vision, interim 2015 milestones and 2020 goals. It builds on the previous Joint Roadmap document and sets out a new plan, incorporating and reflecting comments received from a wide range of stakeholders, including textile industry suppliers and associations, government agencies in Asia, Europe and the United States, non-governmental organisations, international development organisations and the chemical industry.
“To achieve the goal of systemic change and commercialisation of new, preferred alternative chemistries, we will need to transform the industry’s manufacturing inputs and processes. This requires full collaboration amongst thousands of organisations,” said Jessica Wollmuth, ZDHC Programme Manager. “Good progress has been achieved thus far, and the Joint Roadmap, Version 2, lays a firm foundation for creating an apparel and footwear industry that delivers high quality products using safe chemistries.”
ZDHC Group achievements in the past year include having:
- Completed chemical use and management surveys, and wastewater testing for approximately 150 analytes at 20 facilities in Bangladesh, China, India, Taiwan and Vietnam
- Completed a chemical inventory that is the most complete, publicly available compilation of information on chemicals used in the textile industry
- Developed training materials in English and Chinese
- Developed and delivered training to suppliers
- Engaged with more than 350 potential stakeholders
- Completed system mapping, critical to the understanding of the interconnected issues, leverage points and stakeholders involved.
- Agreed to timelines for the phase out of C8 chemistry by no later than January 1, 2015
- Worked with suppliers to address the most pressing chemicals of concern, starting with APEOS, and will continue to do so in 2013
- Worked to identify safer chemistries and mechanisms to incentivise chemical suppliers to invest in these alternatives
Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals Group / PUMA
Apparel/Garments | On 24th Feb 2017
SigNatureT DNA is forensic molecular tag by Applied DNA Sciences...
Textiles | On 24th Feb 2017
The value of textile and garment exports made by Pakistan decreased...
Fashion | On 24th Feb 2017
Google has partnered with British fashion designer Christian Cowan to ...
‘Sustainable fashion is trending upwards, slowly but surely, as people...
‘The intimatewear category in India is slowly becoming trend-sensitive.’
Mag Solvics Pvt. Ltd
ITME 2016 exploited our full strength like never before
Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.
Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG
The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...
"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...
She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...
Occasions Elegance Wear
It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...