Covering 170,000 sqm, a total of 15 halls will be occupied at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre from 21 – 24 October. Buyers can find exciting new and returning features at the fair including SalonEurope, the Milano Unica Pavilion, Verve for Design, All About Sustainability, Innotex Space, trend forums, fashion shows and much more.
The international halls (W1 – W4) will feature:
- Pavilions from Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Portugal, Taiwan, Thailand and Turkey, as well as the Pakistan zone
- SalonEurope (hall W1), where premium European suppliers can be found, as well as the Milano Unica Pavilion and the Premium Wool Zone
- Group Pavilions (halls W2– 4), which have been organised by leading fibre and yarn companies, including Cotton Council International, DuPont, Hyosung, INVISTA, the Korea Chemical Fibers Association, Korea Textile Trade Association and Lenzing, and will feature their latest products and technologies
- Verve for Design (hall W1), the textile designer zone where buyers can find innovative textile designs from around the world
For ease of navigation, the 10 domestic halls (E1 – E5, N1 – N3 and W4 – W5) are arranged by product end-use, including:
- Casual wear and denim (E3 – E5)
- Functional wear and sportswear (W5)
- Ladieswear (N1 – N3)
- Shirtings (W4)
- Suitings (E1 – E2)
And over 540 domestic and international accessories suppliers will feature in two halls (E6 – E7), with a wide range of both garment and fashion accessories on display.
Sustainability and innovation key focuses of this year’s fair
Sustainability continues to be a hot topic in the textiles industry. As such, for the first time this fair features the All About Sustainability zone in hall W4, which comprises a display zone and exhibitor booths.
Under the overall theme of ‘Recycle’, visitors can discover the latest sustainable fabrics and products, technologies, and business services and solutions from the likes of the Crystal Group, H&M, Patagonia and Redress. Sustainability is also the focus of the Planet Textiles Conference which is held concurrently with the fair on 22 October at Kerry Hotel, and jointly organised by Ecotextile News and Messe Frankfurt.
Highlighting a wide range of new applications, and innovative technologies and products related to the textile industry, Innotex Space can be found in hall W5. It is co-organised by the Department of Science and Technology Development of China National Textile & Apparel Council (CNTAC), and the Hong Kong Research Institute of Textile and Apparel (HKRITA).
Textiles | On 28th Jun 2017
The Clothing Manufacturers Association of India (CMAI) will host over ...
Textiles | On 27th Jun 2017
E-commerce players in India will not be required to deduct tax on...
Apparel/Garments | On 27th Jun 2017
Future Group, which runs retail stores across India under various...
Zenitex Mill Pvt Ltd
Full of green energy
Palod Himson Machines
Fabric processing machines are picking up
‘It is going to take some time for Indian buyers to get accustomed to...
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...
Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...
Label Ritu Kumar
‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...
She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...
"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...