- Group sales up 1% to £1.69 billion (2012: £1.67 billion)
- Newer brands Very.co.uk and isme.com, the future growth drivers of the business, delivered a combined sales increase of 18%
- Sales decrease within heritage brands Littlewoods.com and KandCo.com limited to a combined 7% and profitability maintained, as a result of effective management
- EBITDA growth of 22% to £132.5 million (2012: £108.9 million)
- Exceptional costs reduced to £8.4 million (2012: £46.2 million)
- Pre-tax profit of £6.6 million (2012: -£57.7 million)
- 78% of sales completed online during the year (2012: 75%) – up to 81% for Q1 2013/14
- Over a quarter (27%) of all online sales made on mobile devices (2012: 20%) – up to 38% for Q1 2013/14
- Almost half (48%) of customers now browse and shop across more than one device, with 16% using a three-way combination of desktop, tablet and mobile
- Number of catalogues distributed more than halved during the year – to 4 million from 8.2 million in 2012
- Strong focus on product range development during the year, with big name brands including Lyle & Scott, Hunter, GHD and St Tropez brought on board
- Electrical and seasonal the standout category performers, driven by stellar sales of tablets, computers, small domestic appliances, gifts and beauty products
- Fearne Cotton’s successful collection for Very.co.uk expanded to include furniture and home
- Mark Wright joined Littlewoods.com as the face of own brand menswear range Goodsouls, while brand ambassador Myleene Klass added lingerie and swimwear to her clothing range
- 25.9 million parcels delivered to customers, containing 45.6 million products
- Collect+ network grew to more than 5,250 stores, increasing ease and simplicity of delivery and returns for customers.
Click here to read full results
Apparel/Garments | On 26th Jun 2017
E-commerce operators and TDS (tax deducted at source) deductors can...
Textiles | On 26th Jun 2017
The Tiruppur Exporters' Association (TEA) has again urged Union...
Textiles | On 26th Jun 2017
The export promotion schemes will continue under GST regime, said...
Colorjet India Limited
We would like to venture more companies into the Indian market
Sunil Kumar Sharma
Loknayak JPNSSSG Ltd
'The blend of cotton–linen yarn has high demand in the domestic and...
Moving towards sustainability is also a social change
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
Swerea IVF AB
Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...
Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...
Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...
<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...