- Group sales up 1% to £1.69 billion (2012: £1.67 billion)
- Newer brands Very.co.uk and isme.com, the future growth drivers of the business, delivered a combined sales increase of 18%
- Sales decrease within heritage brands Littlewoods.com and KandCo.com limited to a combined 7% and profitability maintained, as a result of effective management
- EBITDA growth of 22% to £132.5 million (2012: £108.9 million)
- Exceptional costs reduced to £8.4 million (2012: £46.2 million)
- Pre-tax profit of £6.6 million (2012: -£57.7 million)
- 78% of sales completed online during the year (2012: 75%) – up to 81% for Q1 2013/14
- Over a quarter (27%) of all online sales made on mobile devices (2012: 20%) – up to 38% for Q1 2013/14
- Almost half (48%) of customers now browse and shop across more than one device, with 16% using a three-way combination of desktop, tablet and mobile
- Number of catalogues distributed more than halved during the year – to 4 million from 8.2 million in 2012
- Strong focus on product range development during the year, with big name brands including Lyle & Scott, Hunter, GHD and St Tropez brought on board
- Electrical and seasonal the standout category performers, driven by stellar sales of tablets, computers, small domestic appliances, gifts and beauty products
- Fearne Cotton’s successful collection for Very.co.uk expanded to include furniture and home
- Mark Wright joined Littlewoods.com as the face of own brand menswear range Goodsouls, while brand ambassador Myleene Klass added lingerie and swimwear to her clothing range
- 25.9 million parcels delivered to customers, containing 45.6 million products
- Collect+ network grew to more than 5,250 stores, increasing ease and simplicity of delivery and returns for customers.
Click here to read full results
Textiles | On 25th May 2018
The Government of India has relaxed cabotage rules for transportation ...
Textiles | On 25th May 2018
Teejay Lanka, one of Sri Lanka’s largest textile manufacturers, has...
Bridalwear is not about reds and whites anymore
It will take some time for the people to change their buying choices
Mag Solvics Pvt. Ltd
ITME 2016 exploited our full strength like never before
Aizome, Asia's first Fairtrade denim brand, is all set to launch next...
For.Tex is an Italy-based leading producer of dyes and thickeners, and is...
Founded in 1999 by Navin Patel in the name of Tejas Fabrics with 100...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
Larry L Kinn
Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...
Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...
The hype around 'designer jeans' was created by him. And the new wave of...
Usha Social Services
The Usha Silai label from Usha International is all set for a retail...