- Group sales up 1% to £1.69 billion (2012: £1.67 billion)
- Newer brands Very.co.uk and isme.com, the future growth drivers of the business, delivered a combined sales increase of 18%
- Sales decrease within heritage brands Littlewoods.com and KandCo.com limited to a combined 7% and profitability maintained, as a result of effective management
- EBITDA growth of 22% to £132.5 million (2012: £108.9 million)
- Exceptional costs reduced to £8.4 million (2012: £46.2 million)
- Pre-tax profit of £6.6 million (2012: -£57.7 million)
- 78% of sales completed online during the year (2012: 75%) – up to 81% for Q1 2013/14
- Over a quarter (27%) of all online sales made on mobile devices (2012: 20%) – up to 38% for Q1 2013/14
- Almost half (48%) of customers now browse and shop across more than one device, with 16% using a three-way combination of desktop, tablet and mobile
- Number of catalogues distributed more than halved during the year – to 4 million from 8.2 million in 2012
- Strong focus on product range development during the year, with big name brands including Lyle & Scott, Hunter, GHD and St Tropez brought on board
- Electrical and seasonal the standout category performers, driven by stellar sales of tablets, computers, small domestic appliances, gifts and beauty products
- Fearne Cotton’s successful collection for Very.co.uk expanded to include furniture and home
- Mark Wright joined Littlewoods.com as the face of own brand menswear range Goodsouls, while brand ambassador Myleene Klass added lingerie and swimwear to her clothing range
- 25.9 million parcels delivered to customers, containing 45.6 million products
- Collect+ network grew to more than 5,250 stores, increasing ease and simplicity of delivery and returns for customers.
Click here to read full results
Textiles | On 29th Apr 2017
The net sales of Unifi Inc., one of the world's leading innovators in ...
Apparel/Garments | On 29th Apr 2017
The forecast for operating income growth in the US over the next 12...
Navigating through catalogues is a bit hasslesome
Fashion shows are also encouraging and highlighting sustainable fashion
‘Buying crowdsourced or creative designs are much more appealing to the...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
Larry L Kinn
Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...
Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...
Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...
Apparel/Garments | On 28th Apr 2017