SuperGroup Plc (‘SuperGroup’ or ‘the Group’), owner of the Superdry brand, announces interim results for the 26 weeks ended 27 October 2013.
• Retail revenue up 19.3%; like-for-like sales growth 8.1%;
• Full price internet sales up 29.3%, strong performances in key European markets supported by significant developments to the e-commerce sites;
• Wholesale revenue up 25.0%;
• Improved divisional operating margins; and
• Underlying profit before income tax up 21.8%.
• Infrastructure and systems investment projects are on track and on budget;
• Improved womenswear ranges support sales growth;
• 8 new owned stores opened adding 38,000 square feet to the portfolio;
• 35 new international franchised and licensed stores taking the total to net 192 stores; and
• First 8 Spanish concessions opened in El Cortes Ingles department stores.
Julian Dunkerton, Chief Executive Officer of SuperGroup Plc, commented, “In a year that the Group is focusing on significant infrastructure investment our trading momentum has continued with strong increases in revenue and underlying profit giving us confidence for the future.
“The product developments across the two most recent seasons, in particular in womenswear, have helped to deliver like-for-like growth. I am also pleased to report that the spring/summer 2014 order book is showing growth of circa 26%, demonstrating the continuing momentum in the Wholesale business.
“E-commerce continues to thrive and international sales represented a greater proportion of internet sales than the UK, indicating strong global demand for the brand. Superdry products are now sold globally through stores in 41 countries and the 16 international websites which, together with the Group’s investment plans, will continue to drive further international awareness of the brand.”