John Lewis announces the panel of external mentors who will advise and judge entrants to JLAB, the retailer's first ever technology incubator. The team of external mentors headed up by technology entrepreneur Stuart Marks are a highly successful and experienced mix of technology entrepreneurs and investors, including Luke Johnson, Chairman of Risk Capital Partners, and Sara Murray OBE, founder of confused.com and Buddi.
The full list of JLAB mentors, including John Lewis leaders, is as follows:
• Luke Johnson, Chairman of Risk Capital Partners
• Sara Murray OBE, founder of confused.com and Buddi
• Graham Clempson, Managing Partner of Quartic Capital
• Dr. Stephanie Hussels, Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship at Cranfield University
• George Berkowski, Entrepreneur, author of 'How to Build a Billion Dollar App' and former Head of Product at HAILO
• Bindi Karia, Vice President Entrepreneur banking at Silicon Valley Bank
• Shaa Wasmund, Technology Entrepreneur and Founder of Smarta
• Paul Coby, IT Director at John Lewis
• Andrew Murphy, Retail Director at John Lewis
• Simon Russell, Director, Retail Operations at John Lewis
• Peter Cross, Communications Director at John Lewis
• Craig Inglis, Marketing Director at John Lewis.
The panel of mentors will provide business advice and encouragement to the companies who make it to the 12-week final stage of JLAB - a partnership between John Lewis and Stuart Marks which aims to identify and develop technology innovations that will shape the shopping experience of the future.
The mentors' knowledge and skills will be matched to participating companies so they can provide the most effective and relevant guidance based on their own experiences. The panel will also be joined by a team of John Lewis leaders who will provide further expertise.