Home / Knowledge / News / Apparel/Garments / ATDC seminar on 'Lean Manufacturing Competitiveness'
ATDC seminar on 'Lean Manufacturing Competitiveness'
24
Apr '14
ATDC & NPC will be jointly organising an “Awareness Seminar” for providing better understanding of the ‘Lean Manufacturing Competitiveness Scheme’ (LMCS) for the benefit of Micro, Small & Medium Units from 2:30 to 5:30 pm on 25th April 2014 at ATDC at Lynx I / II, Apparel House, Gurgaon to be presided by Sri Virender Uppal, Chairman, AEPC, ATDC & IAM with Sri Harbhajan Singh, DG, NPC as “Chief Guest” to inaugurate the seminar. 
 
On behalf of Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India, NPC is implementing ‘Lean Manufacturing Competitiveness Scheme’ (LMCS) for the benefit of Micro, Small & Medium Units. The main objective of the Scheme is to enhance the manufacturing competitiveness of the units through the application of various Lean Manufacturing techniques resulting in waste reduction, increased productivity, introduction of innovative practices as well as imbibing culture of continuous improvement.
 
ATDC is collaborating with NPC to promote the scheme in various Apparel Clusters across India and to begin within Gurgaon to reach the benefit to the Member Exports in particular.
 
The ever changing Technologies and the pressing need for increasing competitiveness in Apparel Industry are necessitating the need for trained workforce and introduction of new approaches. Apparel Training & Design Centre (ATDC) addresses the trained manpower needs of Apparel Industry specifically technical personnel in different tiers of manufacturing, from shopfloor to supervisory levels. 
 
ATDC has made rapid progress under the Integrated Skill Development Scheme (ISDS) of Ministry of Textiles (MOT), Govt. of India (GOI) as a Nodal Agency by setting up about 200 Centres on a Pan-India basis covering 22 States, 3 ATDC SMART Training of Trainers (TOT) Academies and have trained cumulatively over 100,000 candidates during the Pilot Project period up to 31st March 2014 and 835 faculty resources.
 
There is need for bringing in newer approaches to improve productivity & higher efficiencies of the apparel manufacturing units through Lean Management and Industrial Engineering techniques. The “Lean Manufacturing Competitiveness Scheme” being offered by National Productivity Council could be very useful to apparel industry in this context as it offers considerable support to get best consultant to advice and handhold the units.
 
The Scheme has following salient features:
 -A group of 6 to 10 MSME units can participate in the scheme by forming a Mini-Cluster / Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV).
-The objective of the scheme is to bring the benefits of Lean Management (LM) to enhance productivity and competitiveness.
-The Participants of Mini-Cluster will get the benefit of thisscheme.
-80% cost of the Lean Manufacturing Consultant will be contributed by the Government and only the remaining 20% is to be shared by the participating units of the Cluster.
 

Apparel Export Promotion Council

Must ReadView All

President Donald Trump; Courtesy: White House

Textiles | On 23rd Jan 2017

US textile industry eager to work with President Trump

The US textile industry is eager to work with President Donald Trump...

Textiles | On 23rd Jan 2017

LyondellBasel expands Texas plant ethylene capacity

US based producer of petrochemicals and speciality chemicals...

Textiles | On 23rd Jan 2017

China’s cotton imports down 39% in 2016

China’s total cotton imports declined by 39.1 per cent to ...tons in...

Interviews View All

Pinkesh Jain
Everflow Petrofils Ltd

‘An innovative technology which India needs desperately is the...

Vasanth Kumar
Max Fashion India

‘Traditional high-street retailers are now willing to offer franchisees to ...

Smita Murarka
Amanté

‘There is huge demand in the Indian lingerie market for non-wired styles.’

Lynda Kelly
Suominen Corporation

Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Steve Cole
Xerium Technologies

Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...

Igor Chapurin
Chapurin

"Now we can see the Russian trend in international fashion. And Russian...

Bani Batra

Bani Batra’s couture wedding collection is inspired by traditional Indian...

Tony Ward
Tony Ward

"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH
January 2017

January 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

SUBSCRIBE


Browse Our Archives

GO


eNEWS
Insights
Subscribe today and get the latest News update in your mail box.
Advanced Search