Home / Knowledge / News / Apparel/Garments / Ever-Glory Q1 total sales boost 35.4% to $106mn
Ever-Glory Q1 total sales boost 35.4% to $106mn
23
Jun '14
Ever-Glory International Group, Inc., a leading apparel supply chain manager and retailer based in China, reported its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2014.
 
Total sales for the quarter were $106.0 million, an increase of 35.4% compared to $78.3 million in the first quarter of last year. This increase was primarily attributable to a 42.7% increased sales in retail business as well as a 24.6% increased sales in wholesale business.
 
Retail sales for the quarter from LA GO GO, the Company's branded retail division, increased 42.7% to $66.6 million, compared to $46.7 million last year. This increase was primarily due to the increase in new stores opened and same store sales. Ever-Glory had 976 LA GO GO stores as of March 31, 2014, compared to 755 LA GO GO stores as of March 31, 2013.
 
Wholesale sales generated from the Company's wholesale business for the quarter increased 24.6% to $39.4 million, compared to $31.7 million last year. This increase was primarily attributable to increased sales in the PRC, the Germany, France and Japan partially offset for decreased sales in the United Kingdom and United States.
 
Total gross profit for the quarter was $25.8 million, or 24.3% of total sales, compared to $20.3 million, or 25.9% of total sales last year.
 
Selling expenses for the quarter increased 36.0% to $16.1 million compared to $11.9 million last year. As a percentage of sales, selling expenses increased 10 basis points to 15.2% compared to 15.1% last year. The increase was attributable to the increased number of stores, leading to increased numbers of retail employees and increased average salaries, as well as the increased store decoration and marketing expenses associated with the promotion of the LA GO GO brand.
 
General and administrative expenses for the quarter increased 41.4% to $6.4 million compared to $4.5 million last year. As a percentage of total sales, general and administrative expenses increased 30 basis points to 6.0% compared to 5.7% last year. The increase was attributable to an increase in payroll for additional management and design and marketing staff as a result of our business expansion.
 
Income from operations for the quarter decreased 16.1% to $3.3 million compared to $4.0 million last year. As a percentage of sales, income from operations accounted for 3.1% of our total sales for the quarter, a decrease of 2.0% compared to 5.1% last year.


Must ReadView All

US commerce department finds dumping of low melt PSF

Textiles | On 20th Jun 2018

US commerce department finds dumping of low melt PSF

The US department of commerce (USDC) has announced affirmative final...

Courtesy: Aditya Birla

Textiles | On 20th Jun 2018

'Growth of VSF yarn industry is difficult'

Growth for the viscose filament yarn (VSF) yarn industry is...

Comfort USP of Sensitive Fabrics range of Eurojersey Spa

Apparel/Garments | On 20th Jun 2018

Comfort USP of Sensitive Fabrics range of Eurojersey Spa

Italian company Eurojersey Spa will present in 2019 new embossing...

Interviews View All

Saket Garg
Garg Corporation

The biggest challenge is lack of skilled workforce and competition from...

Top executives
Textile industry

Knowledge sharing platform needed for sustainable water management

Top executives
Textile industry

It will take some time for the people to change their buying choices

Nitesh Mittal

Kusumgar Corporates is a leading manufacturer of technical textiles and...

John Kelley

Textile Events is one of the largest textile fair in the United Kingdom,...

C Dhandayuthapani

MAG Solvics Private Limited was established in 1991 to design and develop...

Marcel Alberts
Eurofibers

Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...

Mohammad Hassan
Biax Fiberfilm

About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Robert Brunner
Devereux

Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...

Sidharth Sinha
Sidharth Sinha

<b>Sidharth Sinha</b> has contributed to the successful rebirth and...

Bani Batra

Bani Batra’s couture wedding collection is inspired by traditional Indian...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


June 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Advanced Search