Home / Knowledge / News / Apparel/Garments / Duty-free status to imports of Bangladeshi RMG
Duty-free status to imports of Bangladeshi RMG
26
May '10
Around 46 varieties of ready-made garments manufactured in Bangladesh have been extended duty-free access in to South Korean markets, with the rest attracting 10 percent duty.

This was revealed by the Ambassador of South Korea, Mr Taiyoung Cho at a press briefing, yesterday. This has come on back of a request from Bangladesh to free exports of all goods from payment of duty.

Mr Cho said, “South Korea has extended duty-free status to 85 percent of the tariff lines and the rest of the 15 percent too will be considered for the status over a period of time in the next few years”.

Export of jute products will attract only one percent duty. The trade balance is heavily tilted in favour of South Korea, as exports from that country amounted to US $one billion and imports totaled to just $122 million in 2009.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

ITC, ICS tie up to help Moroccan textile value chain

Textiles | On 21st Apr 2018

ITC, ICS tie up to help Moroccan textile value chain

The International Trade Centre (ITC) has partnered with ICS, which...

Bangladesh garment manufacturers call for fair pricing

Apparel/Garments | On 21st Apr 2018

Bangladesh garment manufacturers call for fair pricing

Bangladesh garment manufacturers want a ‘commensurate adjustment’ by...

Pak ministry proposes extension to PM package for 2018-19

Textiles | On 21st Apr 2018

Pak ministry proposes extension to PM package for 2018-19

Pakistani textile ministry has reportedly proposed extending the...

Interviews View All

Smita Murarka
Amanté

‘There is huge demand in the Indian lingerie market for non-wired styles.’

Akash Khetan
Narayan Tex Fab

I find it hard to find professionals in Surat

Darshan Mehta
Infinium Polychem

We are spending double digit figures on R&D

Anupam Arya

<div>Jaipur-based Fabriclore Retailing Pvt. Ltd. is attempting to revive...

Urmil Arya

Sushila International, a well established textile organisation established ...

Tom Adeyoola

Describing itself as the best body shape and garment fit company in the...

Mark Paterson
Technical Absorbents Ltd

Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...

Kai Poehler
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG

The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...

Silke Brand-Kirsch
Schlegel und Partner

Silke Brand-Kirsch, executive partner of Schlegel und Partner, a leading...

Silvia Venturini Fendi
Fendi s.r.l

"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...

Cigdem Akin
Cigdem Akin

She has carved a niche for herself as the national brand of Turkey. Her...

Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab

Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


April 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
69.9%
No
12.6%
Skip
17.5%

Total Votes: 103

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
63.1%
No
29.1%
Skip
7.8%

Total Votes: 103

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.4%
No
8.7%
Skip
3.9%

Total Votes: 103

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
82.5%
No
7.8%
Skip
9.7%

Total Votes: 103


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search