Invista classifies attributes & benefits of Cordura fabrics
For more than 30 years, INVISTA's CORDURA brand has been recognized worldwide as a fabric of choice for products where durability counts – military uniforms and load carriage, outdoor clothing and equipment, performance workwear, luggage and footwear. Now, INVISTA's CORDURA brand team has classified those fabrics to help customers and consumers alike better understand the attributes and benefits of each technology.
“We wanted to provide our customers with an easy and quick reference to the particular fabric technology they need for their product,” said Cindy McNaull, global CORDURA brand and marketing director. “We achieved this by naming each fabric technology with a term that closely describes its dominant attribute. Further, this new classification system will help our audiences better understand the wide versatility of CORDURA brand fabrics.”
Below is a summary of the CORDURA fabric technology classifications:
• CORDURA Ballistic fabric provides durable performance for a variety of end-uses, including packs, luggage, workwear and motorcycle apparel. Products made with CORDURA Ballistic fabrics feature enhanced tear and abrasion resistance and long-lasting durability.
• CORDURA Baselayer fabric was originally developed to help today's combat soldiers and tactical and law-enforcement officers endure the physical demands that are placed on them each and every day. With the aid of CORDURA Baselayer fabrics, they're able to take on the types of conditions and climates today's military and tactical officers face globally. CORDURA Baselayer fabrics are also ideal for other rugged end-uses such as outdoor and workwear applications.
• CORDURA Classic fabric – the original CORDURA brand fabric – provides rugged, durable performance for a variety of end-uses, including packs, luggage, footwear and performance apparel. Products made with CORDURA Classic fabrics feature enhanced tear and abrasion resistance as well as long-lasting durability.
• CORDURA Colorlock fabric offers exceptional design and performance for packs, bags, luggage, upholstery and workwear applications. CORDURA Colorlock fabrics provide excellent stain resistance and colorfastness properties as well as long-lasting, durable wear performance compared to piece-dyed fabrics.
• CORDURA HP fabric provides best-in class polyester performance for a variety of end-uses, including packs, bags, luggage, footwear and accessories. CORDURA HP fabrics offer exceptional value and an optimal print medium.
• CORDURA Lite fabric provides lightweight, durable performance in woven and knit fabric construction for a variety of end -uses, including technical packs, day packs, luggage and footwear. CORDURA Lite fabrics offer enhanced tear and abrasion resistance with a wide variety of styling options.
• CORDURA NYCO fabrics offer comfortable durability in military uniforms, workwear and leisure clothing. Based on an intimate blend of cotton and INVISTA's T420 nylon 6.6 fiber, CORDURA NYCO fabrics provide exceptional abrasion resistance, comfort and durability. Clothes made with CORDURA NYCO fabrics are durable, stylish and always ready to work overtime under some of the toughest workplace conditions. Lightweight and strong - it's what tough, stylish clothing has been waiting for.