The First-Round Jury Session took place for the very first time in Hong Kong at the Institute of Textiles and Clothing of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) on 22 April 2013, during which 50 creative and innovative projects that best represented the set theme "Resilience" were selected.
Many prominent international and local fashion educators have been invited as judges at the First-Round Jury Session. They were:
- Minna Cheung, Senior Lecturer and Course Leader, Fashion and Clothing Design Department, Institute of Design and Fine Arts, Lahti University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Seema Mahajan, Assistant Professor and Course Leader, MA Fashion and Textiles Design Department, Pearl Academy, New Delhi, India
- Brigida Ribeiros, Assistant Professor, Fashion and Textile Design Department, Instituto Polytecnico de Castelo Branco, Portugal
-Raymond Au, Professor and Associate Head, Institute of Textiles and Clothing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Bingbing Du, Associate Professor, Fashion Design Department, School of Fashion Art and Engineering, The Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology
- Li Li, Assistant Professor, Institute of Textiles and Clothing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Sung Hyon Kim, Assistant Professor, Fashion Design Department, Samsung Art and Design Institute, Seoul
- Sarah Charles, Principal Lecturer and Course Leader, Fashion Design and Technology Department, Arts University of Bournemouth, U.K.
- Lynn Blake, Associate Professor and Department Chair, Fashion Program, Lasell College, Massachusetts, U.S.
-Radley Cramer, Assistant Professor and Program Director, Fashion Program, School of Communications and the Arts, Marist College, New York, U.S.
- Nathalie Doucet, President and Director, Collaborative Educational Initiatives and Research, The Arts of Fashion Foundation, California, U.S.
Apart from coherence with the theme, the judging of entries is also based on skill level, creativity and artful expressiveness.
The 50 shortlisted projects will enter the final round of the event to be held in the last week of October 2013 to compete for scholarships to the Arts of Fashion 4-week Summer Master Class in Paris and apprenticeship opportunities with international prestigious fashion houses.
According to the organizer, the fashion competition exists to promote and reward creativity and inventiveness, discover young talent and facilitate careers, enriching contacts and exchanges between different countries, schools and universities, and to foster new relationships between those from different industries and fields.
Following the First-Round Jury Session was a "Fashion.edu" seminar held on 23 April during which world renowned fashion professors, industry practitioners and professional designers presented their research works and designs to their peers.
Fashion | On 23rd Jun 2018
Nigeria’s Bank of Industry has set aside 1 billion Naira (N) to...
Textiles | On 23rd Jun 2018
Algeria’s largest textile factory, the joint Algerian-Turkish company ...
Fashion | On 23rd Jun 2018
Manhattan Beachwear, the largest swimwear manufacturer in the US, has ...
Narayan Tex Fab
I find it hard to find professionals in Surat
Zenitex Mill Pvt Ltd
Full of green energy
Textile industry, India
Such fairs are a must for industry to showcase new innovations
Krypthm Tradelink LLP is a Surat-based manufacturer of westernwear....
Describing itself as the best body shape and garment fit company in the...
Conceived in Europe and curated in New Delhi, NeceSera is a...
Biovation II LLC
Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company
One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...
Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...