The graduates are either from the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Scheme in Fashion and Textiles or the Higher Diploma Scheme in Fashion and Textile Studies.
Over 2,400 industrialists, artists, fashion designers and fashion bloggers were attracted to the Show.
The panel of judges was made up of well-known fashion designers and seasoned practitioners of the fashion industry. They are (in alphabetical order):
- Mr Silvio Chan, Creative Director, Alternatif Fashion Workshop
- Ms Janet Cheung, Vice Chairman, Hong Kong Fashion Designers Association
- Ms Lu Lu Cheung, Creative Director, Rolls Group Limited
- Mr Alex Lai, Country Manager, THE WOOLMARK COMPANY
- Mr Jack Ma, Assistant Design Director, LONG TAI HONG (Holding) Limited
- Ms Ronnie Tung, Design Manager of China Retail, Esquel Group
- Ms Vincy Wong, Chief Designer of Jessica, Toppy Co. (HK) Ltd.
- Mr Gene Yang, Vice President and General Manager of North Asia, Avery Dennison Hong Kong B.V.
- Mr Eddie Yeung, Vice-Chairman, The Textiles and Clothing Alumni Association of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Mr Gary Yiu, Executive Director and Managing Director, Milan Station
Presenting their original collection of six outfits at the fashion show, the students also competed for the following prizes:
- Overall Grand Awards - Winner, First Runner-up and Second Runner-up
- Travelling Scholarship to Denmark sponsored by Saga Furs of Scandinavia
- Best Embellishment Award sponsored by Avery Dennison Hong Kong B.V.
- Outstanding Menswear Award sponsored by Esquel Group
- Best Use of Synthetic Leather Award sponsored by LONG TAI HONG (Holding) Limited
- Best Handbag Mix and Match Award sponsored by Milan Station
- Inspiration Award sponsored by The Textiles and Clothing Alumni Association of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Best Use of Decorative Application Award sponsored by Toppy Co. (HK) Ltd.
- Best Use of Australian Merino Award sponsored by THE WOOLMARK COMPANY
- Australia Study Tour Scholarship sponsored by Flinders Merino
- Creativity Award sponsored by Hong Kong Fashion Designers Association
As the sole provider of tertiary education in fashion and textiles in Hong Kong, ITC offers interesting and exciting opportunities to those who wish to pursue a career in the dynamic fashion and textiles industry.
Since its inception in 1957, ITC is committed to educational training and development for the advancement of the Hong Kong fashion and textile industry through various research and scholarly activities.
Textiles | On 19th Jan 2017
Excise duty on man-made fibres should be reduced to bring it on par...
Apparel/Garments | On 19th Jan 2017
The textile ministry has received a sum of Rs 500 crore from the...
‘It is going to take some time for Indian buyers to get accustomed to...
Studio Priyanka Rajiv
‘To reinvent the age-old tradition of embroidery to suit demographics and...
Mohammad Mamun Ar Rashid
UL VS Bangladesh Ltd
Productivity, creativity and innovation play a vital role in the growth of ...
Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
Schlegel und Partner
Silke Brand-Kirsch, executive partner of Schlegel und Partner, a leading...
Hyderabad-based designer Prathyusha Garimella is known for blending...
Label Ritu Kumar
‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...
Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...
Fashion | On 11th Jan 2017