Palm Desert store to set a new standard for golf industry
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc announced plans to open its 73rd store in Palm Desert, California. The new large-footprint store will be in excess of 36,000-square-feet and will showcase Golfsmith's extensive selection of premier golf and tennis equipment, apparel and services as well as its stunning experiential format, complete with indoor driving range, state-of-the-art launch monitors, and a full-size indoor tennis court.
The new store, located at Monterey and I-10 in Palm Desert will also include a large putting green and a dedicated chipping and pitching area with an authentic sand bunker. The Golfsmith Golf & Tennis experience also features a huge selection of name-brand equipment including TaylorMade-adidas, Callaway, Nike, PING, Under Armour, Titleist, Cobra, Head/Penn, Cleveland, Babolat, Wilson, and many more. Additionally, golf lessons are offered in the store by Golfsmith's exclusive lesson partner, GolfTEC, the nation's no. 1 golf instruction provider.
"We are confident that our Palm Desert store will set a new standard for an off-course golf and tennis retail experience in Southern California," said Martin Hanaka, chief executive officer of Golfsmith. "While we had originally only planned to open one new store this year, we have promised to grow when the deal was right and the economics were sound.
This store represents fulfillment of both requirements and shows the company's strength in a tough economic climate. We are excited and proud to bring our unique products and services to the avid golfers and tennis players in the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area.”
The Golfsmith Golf & Tennis Experience
The Palm Desert store will feature the full complement of Golfsmith's interactive retail experience:
• New Indoor Driving Range - The indoor driving range provides extended ball flight that lets golfers test the latest golf club models. It includes eight hitting bays and the latest launch monitor technology to let golfers evaluate their swings on large monitors, one dedicated custom-fitting simulator and a chipping and pitching area that includes an authentic sand bunker.
• New Indoor Tennis Court - The indoor tennis court provides an opportunity for tennis enthusiasts to test the latest tennis equipment and even take lessons by a certified teaching professional in a comfortable indoor setting.
• Certified PGA Instruction - Golfsmith's partnership with GolfTEC lets customers take advantage of in-store PGA teaching professionals who provide coaching and advanced instruction using the same kind of biofeedback devices, video and swing analysis technology used by touring pros.
• Custom Fitting Technology - Golfsmith's professional in-store staff helps golfers get the most enjoyment out of the game by providing complimentary precision club-fitting that matches golfers to the golf clubs that best fit their individual golf swings.
• Golf and Tennis Apparel - Golfsmith features the most up-to-date styles in men's and women's golf and tennis apparel, on and off the field. Catering to young and seasoned players alike, Golfsmith offers the latest in hi-tech fabrics and designs, as well as hard-to-find items.
• Custom Clubmaking - The store will showcase Golfsmith's 41-year heritage in custom clubmaking, which allows golfers to completely customize their own set of clubs. The store features a custom-fit workshop with the latest golf club components from Snake Eyes, Golfsmith, Killer Bee, Spalding, Adams Golf and Zebra. Guests have access to in-store clubmaking classes that cover custom clubmaking, club re-gripping, and clubhead and shaft technology.
Golfsmith International Holdings Inc