Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / A&E to buy majority share of Vardhman Yarns & Threads
A&E to buy majority share of Vardhman Yarns & Threads
10
May '16
New York-based KPS Capital Partners, LP has announced that its portfolio company American & Efird (A&E) has signed definitive agreements to acquire majority ownership of Vardhman Yarns and Threads Limited from its joint venture partner, Vardhman Textiles Limited.

It did not mention the monetary terms of the deal.

Upon completion of the transaction, A&E will own 89 per cent of the joint venture and Vardhman Textiles will own the other 11 per cent, KPS Capital Partners said in a press release. The transaction has been approved by A&E and Vardhman Textiles, but remains subject to approval from the Competition Commission of India and other customary closing conditions.

A&E is the largest US manufacturer and the world's second-largest manufacturer and distributor of premium quality industrial and consumer sewing thread, embroidery thread and technical textiles.

Vardhman Yarns and Threads is India's second–largest manufacturer and distributor of premium quality industrial and consumer sewing thread. Vardhman Yarns and Threads generated revenue of approximately $110 million in FY2015-16, operates 5 manufacturing facilities, employs over 4,500 associates and sells some of the most-widely recognized industrial sewing thread brands in India.

Les Miller, Chief Executive Officer of A&E, said, "The acquisition of Vardhman Yarns and Threads accelerates A&E's continued global growth and diversification. Our long-standing blue-chip customer base, including leading global brands, multinational corporations and regional manufacturers, rely on A&E as a mission-critical supply chain partner.

“Vardhman Yarns and Threads' excellent reputation, world-class operations and leading position in the Indian market will enable A&E to more fully benefit from both fast-growing domestic demand for high-quality products in India and increasing international demand for exports from India. A&E will invest significant capital and resources into Vardhman Yarns and Threads to continue to ensure the highest levels of product quality, environmental sustainability, technological innovation and customer service.”

Michael Psaros, a Managing Partner of KPS, said, "Under KPS ownership, A&E has successfully completed five highly synergistic acquisitions that helped the Company strengthen its world-class strategic global manufacturing, distribution and service platform that provides the A&E with a unique competitive advantage. A&E will continue to aggressively expand into adjacent geographies, products and end-markets around the world. A&E's global reach, product diversity, world-class environmental sustainability practices, and conservative capital structure enable the Company to continue its momentum and success.”

A&E expects to complete the transaction in the summer of 2016. (SH)

Fibre2Fashion News Desk – India

Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 20th Jan 2017

TEA expects budget to upscale textile skill industry

The Tiruppur Exporters’ Association (TEA) has requested the Central...

Textiles | On 20th Jan 2017

Bangladesh could earn $60 billion in exports by 2021

Bangladesh is expected to earn over $60 billion in exports by the...

Courtesy: PIB

Textiles | On 20th Jan 2017

Govt to help Tangaliya weavers purchase looms: Irani

Government of India will facilitate Tangaliya weavers in purchase of...

Interviews View All

Jim Desai
Blaiva Fabricaa

Fashion industry likely to remain labour-intensive in coming years

Rashi Menda
Zapyle

Every fifth sale we make on Zapyle is a repeat purchase

Karan Suratwala
Key Textile Accessories Private Limited

Chinese imports are destroying the supply chain

Kevin Nelson
TissueGen

Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Mark Paterson
Technical Absorbents Ltd

Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...

Judy Frater
Somaiya Kala Vidya

Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...

Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab

Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...

Tony Ward
Tony Ward

"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH
January 2017

January 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

SUBSCRIBE


Browse Our Archives

GO


eNEWS
Insights
Subscribe today and get the latest News update in your mail box.
Advanced Search