Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / IVL acquires US ethylene gas cracker in Louisiana
IVL acquires US ethylene gas cracker in Louisiana
28
Sep '15
Indorama Ventures Olefins LLC, a subsidiary of Thailand based Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited (IVL) has acquired an ethylene cracker located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, US.

“Through the acquisition, IVL is taking a 76 per cent interest in the ethylene cracker, with the remaining 24 per cent financial investment being made by Indorama Corporation,” a press release from IVL informed.

The Lake Charles cracker can process both ethane and propane feedstock to produce approximately 370,000 tons of ethylene and 30,000 tons of propylene per annum.

According to the company, Indorama Ventures is already a major producer of purified ethylene oxide (PEO) and mono ethylene glycol (MEG) in the USA, for which ethylene is the feedstock.

CEO of Indorama Ventures Aloke Lohia said, “We are very excited by this acquisition as it accomplishes IVL's core strategy to integrate our polyester value chain and provides a solid, advantaged cost position to our portfolio.”

“Earlier in the year, IVL acquired a 600,000 tons per annum PTA plant in North America, due to which, IVL now has onshore integration in the three key continents it operates in,” Lohia added.

“We are targeting a commercial startup before the end of 2017, which will make us the first Thai company to take advantage of the shale gas revolution in the US and ahead of the greenfield crackers being constructed,” he stated.

The integration economics with olefins will provide IVL with a significant long term cost advantage across its North American footprint.”

The cracker is a joint investment with Indorama Corporation (IRC), which has significant operational experience in olefin cracking.

IVL is one of the world's leading petrochemicals producers, with a global manufacturing footprint across Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.

The company's portfolio is comprised of categories of polymers, fibers, and packaging, selectively integrated with self-manufactured ethylene oxide or glycols and PTA.

IVL products serve niche applications in beverages, hygiene, personal care and safety segments and has 14,000 employees worldwide and consolidated revenue of $7.5 billion in 2014.

Indorama Corporation is a leading Asian industrial company based in Singapore with manufacturing plants in over seven countries across Asia, Europe, and Africa.

Indorama Corporation is the largest producer of olefins and polyolefins in West Africa and the second largest in Africa and also produces other industrial products such as fertilisers, textile raw materials, and disposable gloves. (AR)

Fibre2Fashion News Desk – India


Must ReadView All

IOC, MCPI to set up ₹1000 cr PSF unit in Odisha

Textiles | On 23rd May 2018

IOC, MCPI to set up ₹1000 cr PSF unit in Odisha

Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has teamed up with Materials Chemicals...

Pakistan's textile exports up 8.13% in July-April FY18

Textiles | On 23rd May 2018

Pakistan's textile exports up 8.13% in July-April FY18

The value of textile and garment exports from Pakistan increased by...

Courtesy: Photo by Daian Gan from Pexels

Apparel/Garments | On 23rd May 2018

Future Retail posts loss of ₹463.62 crore in Q4FY18

For the fourth quarter of 2018 ending on March 31, Kishore Biyani-...

Interviews View All

Hannah Lane
Redress

Encouragement from brands will motivate supply chains to become more...

Headhonchos
Indian textile value chain

'One nation, one tax' is a great concept

Pinkesh Jain
Everflow Petrofils Ltd

‘An innovative technology which India needs desperately is the...

Paolo Crespi

For.Tex is an Italy-based leading producer of dyes and thickeners, and is...

Harmeet Singh

New Delhi-based Jogindra Industries Private Limited provides an assortment ...

Mala Alwani

<div>Delhi-based fast fashion womenswear brand, Besiva, aims to bridge the ...

Marcel Alberts
Eurofibers

Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...

Steve Cole
Xerium Technologies

Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...

Larry L Kinn
Suominen Corporation

Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...

Akta Adani
India Boulevard

India Boulevard is a San Francisco-based curated fashion marketplace that...

Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir
Walnut

<b>Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir</b> started their career with the launch of...

Jay Ramrakhiani
Occasions Elegance Wear

It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


May 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Advanced Search