Intertextile attracts international key buyers & delegations
Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles will take place from 28 – 31 August 2011 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. The fair will feature 1,162 suppliers from 27 countries and regions, over 10% increase in participation numbers and scale from last year.
“Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles has developed into a global marketplace for players in the home textile business. This is reflected by the continuous growth of scale and quality in every edition of the fair. This year, we have new pavilions from Italy, Greece and Spain, proving the fair is an important means for international suppliers to access the vast Chinese market,” said Wendy Wen, Director, Trade Fairs for Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd.
A full range of top and new home textile products will be displayed across 11 halls in clearly defined areas including:
- Overseas Area and product zones for bedding and towelling and down products in Hall W1 to W4. Zones for decorative fabrics, non-textile curtains, wall coverings and interior products in Hall E1 to E7.
- Pavilions from Italy, Greece, Korea, Pakistan, Spain, Taiwan and Turkey and a European Zone in the Overseas Area.
- Eight regional pavilions from China's top bedding and decorative fabric manufacturing bases including Gaoyang, Haining, Jiande, Nantong, Pujiang, Shaoxing, Tonxiang and Yuhang in domestic halls.
To provide fair attendees with up and coming interior trends and the latest market news, several display areas and a comprehensive series of fringe programmes will be held on-site. These include:
- An international Product Display Area and an exclusive Designer's Studio in the Overseas Zone will present fresh concepts in home textile design worldwide.
- China Home Textile Trend Display Area in Hall W3 and the Intangible Cultural Heritage Zone in Hall W4 interpreting the interior trends and traditional home textile designs in China.
- Design and trend seminars led by leading trend forecasters from France, Germany, Italy, Japan and the UK.
- A Pak-China Business Forum hosted by the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan to discuss business opportunities between the two countries.
- JE Corporate Shanghai will hold an overseas brand launching event at the international Product Display Area for its licensed bedding brands NK Home and Telene casa from Italy.
Fair attracts international key buyers and delegations 22 important buyers from 10 countries from Asia, China, Europe and the US invited to attend the fair. Among them are top home furnishing brand Laura Ashley from the UK; retailer Sears Holdings from the US; BALS Corporation, which is the sourcing agent for lifestyle product chain store Franc Franc from Japan.
The fair has also worked with 17 influential trade associations to recruit buyers for the event. 9 groups of delegations with 70 representatives are formed including members from Sistema Moda Italia, Home Fashion Products Association from the USA; Malaysian Textile Manufacturer's Association and Taiwan Weaving Industrial Association.
Visitors can also enjoy extra sourcing opportunities at the Yarn Expo Autumn and the China International Knitting Trade Fair which will be held concurrently with Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles in Hall W5.
Intertextile Shanghai Home Textiles 2011 is organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd.; the Sub-Council of Textile Industry, CCPIT; and China Home Textile Association (CHTA).
Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd