Arkophob FFR is a breakthrough in user protection that is gentler to the environment. Developed through intensive R&D efforts by the global textiles solutions provider, its performance is unmatched by equivalent fluorine-free products available on the market. The state-of-the-art technology offers an efficient alternative to conventional fluorocarbon based repellency productions, making Clariant a one-stop-shop for virtually all water repellency needs.
The carefully selected active ingredients of Arkophob FFR and their special formulation allow a durable and even film formation on the surface of the fabric. This translates into the following benefits:
- Water repellency: Arkophob FFR offers superior water repellency levels to existing fluorine-free products available on the market and close to C6 fluorochemicals. To recover the water repellency after laundering, ironing is not necessary.
- Very good wash permanency of effect: Arkophob FFR can display a wash resistance of more than 20 washes, a performance close to C6 fluorochemicals and far superior to other fluorinefree products.
- Better resistance to abrasion and tear: the technological properties of the treated fabric are improved tear strength and ensuring better resistance to abrasion and better sewability.
- Pleasant touch: softness and bulky hand-feel ensures the fabric stays pleasant to the touch.
- No impact on breathability of the fabric
- Sustainability: fluorine-free.
The new technology can be applied to fabrics used in a wide range of outdoor, leisure and sportswear applications.
Arkophob FFR is part of Clariant’s on-going commitment to assist brands, retailers and textile producers in adopting more sustainable operations and processes. Clariant is a member of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition and the Textile Exchange, and is a System Partner of bluesign.
“Clariant’s Textile Chemicals is committed to develop products and processes that are safer and gentler for the consumer and for the environment; and with Arkophob FFR we have achieved that, plus a leap forward in performance,” comments Georg Lang, Head of Product Group Finishing, Business Unit Textile Chemicals, Clariant. “We perfected the Arkophob FFR technology over several years, to ensure we were able to introduce a differentiated solution that delivers what it promises to retailers and brands. Arkophob FFR confirms our position as a forerunner in sustainability that works.”
Apparel/Garments | On 25th Jun 2018
Italian high-end men's apparel brand Stone Island tops the list of...
Textiles | On 25th Jun 2018
Italy based Tecnorama’s fully-automatic machinery for dispensing...
'Natural fibres are appreciated for traditional authenticity'
Textile & apparel bodies
Textile industry would like to see inclusion of cotton yarn under MEIS and ...
‘As a brand, Puma is always looking for new and innovative ways to inspire ...
Krypthm Tradelink LLP is a Surat-based manufacturer of westernwear....
Reckon Industries adapts latest systems for manufacturing from designing...
Vidyashilp Academy in Bengaluru is the country's first Fairtrade School....
Larry L Kinn
Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...
Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir
<b>Divvya and Nidhhi Gambhir</b> started their career with the launch of...
"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...