Arkophob FFR is a breakthrough in user protection that is gentler to the environment. Developed through intensive R&D efforts by the global textiles solutions provider, its performance is unmatched by equivalent fluorine-free products available on the market. The state-of-the-art technology offers an efficient alternative to conventional fluorocarbon based repellency productions, making Clariant a one-stop-shop for virtually all water repellency needs.
The carefully selected active ingredients of Arkophob FFR and their special formulation allow a durable and even film formation on the surface of the fabric. This translates into the following benefits:
- Water repellency: Arkophob FFR offers superior water repellency levels to existing fluorine-free products available on the market and close to C6 fluorochemicals. To recover the water repellency after laundering, ironing is not necessary.
- Very good wash permanency of effect: Arkophob FFR can display a wash resistance of more than 20 washes, a performance close to C6 fluorochemicals and far superior to other fluorinefree products.
- Better resistance to abrasion and tear: the technological properties of the treated fabric are improved tear strength and ensuring better resistance to abrasion and better sewability.
- Pleasant touch: softness and bulky hand-feel ensures the fabric stays pleasant to the touch.
- No impact on breathability of the fabric
- Sustainability: fluorine-free.
The new technology can be applied to fabrics used in a wide range of outdoor, leisure and sportswear applications.
Arkophob FFR is part of Clariant’s on-going commitment to assist brands, retailers and textile producers in adopting more sustainable operations and processes. Clariant is a member of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition and the Textile Exchange, and is a System Partner of bluesign.
“Clariant’s Textile Chemicals is committed to develop products and processes that are safer and gentler for the consumer and for the environment; and with Arkophob FFR we have achieved that, plus a leap forward in performance,” comments Georg Lang, Head of Product Group Finishing, Business Unit Textile Chemicals, Clariant. “We perfected the Arkophob FFR technology over several years, to ensure we were able to introduce a differentiated solution that delivers what it promises to retailers and brands. Arkophob FFR confirms our position as a forerunner in sustainability that works.”
Apparel/Garments | On 26th Oct 2016
SGS, a leading inspection, auditing, certification, testing, and...
Textiles | On 26th Oct 2016
International Textile Group (ITG) has been acquired by Platinum...
Textiles | On 26th Oct 2016
Senator Sheldon Whitehouse and the University of Rhode Island...
Everflow Petrofils Ltd
‘An innovative technology which India needs desperately is the...
Angelina Francesca Cheang
'Consumers in the age-group 21 to 38 are driving the activewear trend'
DLF Emporio and DLF Promenade
‘Each event and promotion is planned out keeping in mind the business of...
Bombay Textile Research Association
Bombay Textile Research Association (BTRA) is a leading name in textile...
Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.
Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...
About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....
Textiles | On 25th Oct 2016