Financial Highlights Q1 FY13:
• Significant Growth in Y-o-Y Revenue contributed by increase in sales volumes of Terry Towels, Sheets and Rugs and accompanied by better realizations.
• Operational EBITDA jumps to Rs 1,241 Mn Y-o-Y basis and operating margins grow to 17% benefiting further from raw material prices.
• Other income was lower due to the impact of foreign exchange provisions on rupee depreciation.
• Finance cost and Depreciation have shown marginal changes, YoY.
• Profit after tax has more than doubled to Rs 377 mn.
• Basic EPS is at Rs 4.23 per share for the current quarter.
Speaking about the performance, Mr. Rajesh Mandawewala, Managing Director, Welspun India Ltd., said, “Consolidation of our operations and optimization of resources has enabled us to deliver superior performance despite a troubled global economy. The large scale of our operations and constant innovations in products has helped us steer through difficult periods and this will help us to grab a bigger share of the market in the coming months.”
Environment for growth of the textile industry looks promising despite the problems that continue to affect the global economy, and the Company is strategically well placed to take advantage of that. Boosted by specific programmes for the European and US markets, the industry is now preparing itself to take a share of the opportunities that have arisen. With rupee depreciation the potential for exports has improved and further impetus from government policies the industry can benefit.
Fashion | On 25th Apr 2017
LVMH and Christian Dior, which holds directly and indirectly 41 per...
Information Technology | On 25th Apr 2017
It is the era of smart. Intelligent materials like self-repairing...
'Hugo Boss works with carefully selected sourcing partners'
Shingora Textiles Ltd
‘In terms of fabric, the fastest growing category for us is a blend of...
Dow Microbial Control
'Silvadur is most rapidly adopted in areas where hygiene-conscious and...
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...
Larry L Kinn
Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...
Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...
"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...
Occasions Elegance Wear
It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...