Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / JG Summit's naphtha cracker to go functional in Nov'13
JG Summit's naphtha cracker to go functional in Nov'13
17
Nov '12
The US$ 800 million naphtha cracking plant, being set up by the Philippines based JG Summit Holdings Inc., would become operational in November 2013.
 
Mr. Bach Johann Sebastian, chief strategist of the Philippine investment holding company, said the naphtha cracker would generate annual revenue of US$ 1 billion, based on current prices, when it becomes functional a few months earlier than its early 2014 schedule.
 
Speaking at an investor forum, Mr. Sebastian said around 75 percent of the plant’s production would be supplied to local industries and the remaining 25 percent would be exported to other countries.
 
Once functional, the naphtha cracker will increase JG Summit’s polypropylene production capacity to 320,000 tons per year.
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Indian govt approves special package for leather, footwear

Textiles | On 16th Dec 2017

Indian govt approves special package for leather, footwear

The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has approved a special...

EU parliament resolution calls for Cambodia sanctions

Apparel/Garments | On 16th Dec 2017

EU parliament resolution calls for Cambodia sanctions

Following the ongoing crackdown in Cambodia on the opposition and...

Affordable prices to be hit if US pulls out of NAFTA: NRF

Apparel/Garments | On 16th Dec 2017

Affordable prices to be hit if US pulls out of NAFTA: NRF

US retailers’ ability to offer consumers quality products at...

Interviews View All

Anshul Sood
Oceedee

‘Indian footwear market is nascent and largely a trend follower’

Nitin Soni
Dolphin Jingwei Machines

Taxation policies need to be made simpler

Vidhyaa Shankar. S
A Ganapathi Chettiar

'The usage of knits is getting into the boundaries of woven fabrics'

Hardik Sanghvi

Idealin Fogging Systems has been engaged in designing and manufacturing...

Abhishek Pachauri

Reckon Industries adapts latest systems for manufacturing from designing...

Erik Sy

Manila-based CustomThread is a start-up offering premium custom apparel...

Mark Paterson
Technical Absorbents Ltd

Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...

Urs Stalder
Sanitized AG

Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...

Suresh Patel
Sidwin Fabric

Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...

Wendell Rodricks
Wendell Rodricks

"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...

Mike Hoffman
Gildan Activewear SRL

Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...

Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab

Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

December 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
68.1%
No
13.8%
Skip
18.1%

Total Votes: 94

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
62.8%
No
29.8%
Skip
7.4%

Total Votes: 94

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
9.6%
Skip
3.2%

Total Votes: 94

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
81.9%
No
8.5%
Skip
9.6%

Total Votes: 94


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search