Adjusted Income from Continuing Operations for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $3.2 million or $0.07 per diluted share, as compared to $5.9 million, or $0.13 per diluted share last year.
Results in the quarter were negatively impacted by LIFO expense of $1.8 million (net of tax), or $0.04 per diluted share, primarily related to the inventory build for the transition of coated fabrics manufacturing to other, more efficient OMNOVA plants due to the wind-down of manufacturing operations in Columbus, Mississippi.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Highlights
- For the fourth quarter of 2012, the Company reported income from continuing operations of $1.2 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, compared to $6.3 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Adjusted Income from Continuing Operations for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $3.2 million or $0.07 per diluted share, as compared to $5.9 million, or $0.13 per diluted share last year. Results in the quarter were negatively impacted by LIFO expense of $1.8 million (net of tax), or $0.04 per diluted share.
- The Decorative Products segment name has been changed to Engineered Surfaces to reflect the improved portfolio and importance of innovation and functional performance in the segment's products.
Full Year 2012 Highlights
- Record Segment Operating Profit of $93.4 million in 2012, compared to $85.2 million in 2011.
- Gross profit margins increased to 20.2% versus 18.2% in 2011.
- Record operating profit in the Specialty Chemicals and Laminates product lines.
- Strong cash generation improves balance sheet with a net debt reduction of $49.2 million and a net leverage decline to 2.75 times.
- Portfolio enhancement and manufacturing footprint improvement with the sale of wall covering businesses in 2012 and the coated fabrics manufacturing transition which will be completed in the first quarter of 2013.
Textiles | On 24th May 2017
The Maharashtra Assembly has passed unanimously the State Goods and...
Apparel/Garments | On 24th May 2017
G-III Apparel Group has entered into a multi-year license agreement...
Every fifth sale we make on Zapyle is a repeat purchase
Fashion industry likely to remain labour-intensive in coming years
Very few machinery manufacturers have R&D units
Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...
Label Ritu Kumar
‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...
Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...