Adjusted Income from Continuing Operations for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $3.2 million or $0.07 per diluted share, as compared to $5.9 million, or $0.13 per diluted share last year.
Results in the quarter were negatively impacted by LIFO expense of $1.8 million (net of tax), or $0.04 per diluted share, primarily related to the inventory build for the transition of coated fabrics manufacturing to other, more efficient OMNOVA plants due to the wind-down of manufacturing operations in Columbus, Mississippi.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Highlights
- For the fourth quarter of 2012, the Company reported income from continuing operations of $1.2 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, compared to $6.3 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Adjusted Income from Continuing Operations for the fourth quarter of 2012 was $3.2 million or $0.07 per diluted share, as compared to $5.9 million, or $0.13 per diluted share last year. Results in the quarter were negatively impacted by LIFO expense of $1.8 million (net of tax), or $0.04 per diluted share.
- The Decorative Products segment name has been changed to Engineered Surfaces to reflect the improved portfolio and importance of innovation and functional performance in the segment's products.
Full Year 2012 Highlights
- Record Segment Operating Profit of $93.4 million in 2012, compared to $85.2 million in 2011.
- Gross profit margins increased to 20.2% versus 18.2% in 2011.
- Record operating profit in the Specialty Chemicals and Laminates product lines.
- Strong cash generation improves balance sheet with a net debt reduction of $49.2 million and a net leverage decline to 2.75 times.
- Portfolio enhancement and manufacturing footprint improvement with the sale of wall covering businesses in 2012 and the coated fabrics manufacturing transition which will be completed in the first quarter of 2013.
Textiles | On 25th May 2018
The Government of India has relaxed cabotage rules for transportation ...
Textiles | On 25th May 2018
Teejay Lanka, one of Sri Lanka’s largest textile manufacturers, has...
Fashion industry likely to remain labour-intensive in coming years
Studio Priyanka Rajiv
‘To reinvent the age-old tradition of embroidery to suit demographics and...
Wigwam Mills Inc
Wigwam aims to recycle discarded yarn that doesn’t make it through the...
Describing itself as the best body shape and garment fit company in the...
New Delhi-based Jogindra Industries Private Limited provides an assortment ...
Sushila International, a well established textile organisation established ...
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....
Schlegel und Partner
Silke Brand-Kirsch, executive partner of Schlegel und Partner, a leading...
Somaiya Kala Vidya
Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...
The hype around 'designer jeans' was created by him. And the new wave of...
<b>Sidharth Sinha</b> has contributed to the successful rebirth and...