Fiscal 2012 financial results include:
- Net sales for the year increased $6.0 million to $278.0 million compared to $272.0 million for last year. Comparable store sales for the year increased 2.9% compared to a decrease of 0.8% for last year.
-Gross profit was 40.3% compared to 41.4% for last year, a deleverage of 110 basis points. The deleverage for the year, was mainly driven by promotional activity in the first three quarters of the year. As reported above, the gross profit for the fourth quarter improved over the same period last year.
- Selling, general and administrative expenses for the year, including depreciation and amortization, improved 310 basis points to 40.7% of sales down from 43.8% of sales in the prior year.
- Operating results for 2012 improved by $5.3 million to an operating loss of $1.2 million compared to an operating loss of $6.5 million in the previous year.
- EBITDA, which is earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a non-GAAP measure, increased $4.5 million to a positive $4.1 million from a negative $0.4 million for the prior year.
- Net loss was $8.5 million or $0.42 per basic share, for fiscal 2012, compared to a net loss of $11.3 million, or $0.57 per basic share for fiscal 2011.
Financial results for the fourth quarter include:
- Net sales for the quarter increased to $81.7 million compared to $81.4 million for the fourth quarter of last year. Comparable store sales for the quarter increased 1.4% on top of a 4.5% increase for the fourth quarter last year.
- Gross profit for the quarter increased by 330 basis points to 39.1% compared to 35.8% in the prior year.
- Selling, general and administrative expenses for the quarter, including depreciation and amortization, improved this quarter by 510 basis points to 35.6% of sales down from 40.7% of sales in the prior year quarter.
- Operating income increased 171% to $2.8 million compared to an operating loss of $4.0 million in the fourth quarter last year, this is an increase of $6.8 million.
- EBITDA, which is earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, a non-GAAP measure, increased $6.4 million or 290% to a positive $4.2 million this quarter from a negative $2.2 million for the fourth quarter of last year.
- Net loss was $0.6 million, or $0.03 per basic share, in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 compared to a net loss of $5.2 million, or $0.26 per basic share in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- The Company refinanced its revolver and subordinated debt during the quarter. At quarter end, the Company had outstanding borrowings under its revolving line of credit of $41.4 million, $15.0 million on term loans and outstanding letters of credit of $6.0 million.
Additional amounts available to borrow under its revolving line of credit at the end of the quarter were $20.0 million. The balance of the Company’s subordinated debt was $13.3 million at quarter end, and the remaining unamortized warrant discount on this debt was $379,000.
Textiles | On 21st Jun 2018
ITMA, the trendsetting textile and garment technology platform, will...
Textiles | On 21st Jun 2018
Protectionism is the biggest political factor and threat affecting...
‘New vendor is welcome if he offers cost, quality and timely delivery’
DLF Emporio and DLF Promenade
‘Each event and promotion is planned out keeping in mind the business of...
Fashion shows are also encouraging and highlighting sustainable fashion
Krypthm Tradelink LLP is a Surat-based manufacturer of westernwear....
Kusumgar Corporates is a leading manufacturer of technical textiles and...
Fynd is the central online shopping destination for fashion, offering...
Technical Absorbents Ltd
Mark Paterson, R&D manager of Technical Absorbents Ltd talks about Super...
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG
The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
Whistling Woods International School of Fashion
<div>A lack of upgraded courses in costume designing and fashion as per...
Usha Social Services
The Usha Silai label from Usha International is all set for a retail...
She has carved a niche for herself as the national brand of Turkey. Her...