This means that the total number of shares in Munksjö Oyj, following the registration of the demerger and the two other shares issues with the Trade Register on Monday morning, will amount to 38,769,590.
The second phase of the transaction, the demerger of Coated Specialties in Brazil, is expected to the completed during the second half of this year.
- Ahlstrom will continue to focus on high performance fiber-based materials that purify air and liquids, protect people and provide surface and structure to the customers' products.
- Ahlstrom's shareholders will own shares in two listed companies, Ahlstrom and Munksjö, both global leaders in their fields.
- Ahlstrom's Label and Processing business in Europe had net sales of EUR 562.5 million in 2012. Four plants and altogether about 1,000 employees will transfer to Munksjö.
- Right after the closing, Ahlstrom will buy back its operations in Osnabrück, Germany. The wallpaper and hybrid wallcovering business will remain with Ahlstrom, while the abrasive backings and pre-impregnated décor paper businesses will be divested to a third party in accordance with the commitments made to the EU Commission.
- Ahlstrom becomes a major shareholder in Munksjö, holding a total of 23.4% per cent of the shares following the completion of the European part of the transaction. After the completion of the Brazilian demerger, Ahlstrom's shareholding in Munksjö will be 17.8%.
"The rationale for this transaction remains sound: Ahlstrom can now focus on businesses in which we see the most attractive value-add and growth opportunities. On the other hand, the Label and Processing business can be further developed as part of a leading specialty paper company", said Jan Lång, President & CEO, Ahlstrom.
"Ahlstrom will now steer its resources fully towards high performance fiber-based materials. We have made great progress with our product pipeline, and we will utilize our improved capabilities in product and technology development to introduce unique products that help our customers differentiate."
"Our primary goal now is to raise profitability, and seek growth based on the new product and technology platform now established. We are currently working with our strategic agenda going forward, and will communicate more on this after the summer holidays", Lång states.
Textiles | On 28th Mar 2017
The Government of India is likely to impose anti-dumping duty on...
Apparel/Garments | On 28th Mar 2017
The Competition Commission (CCI) of India has approved the proposal...
Transparent supply chain and fair trade will boost sustainable market
Dolphin Jingwei Machines
Taxation policies need to be made simpler
‘In future, clothing boundary lines will become increasingly blurred.’
Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.
Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...
Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...
The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...
Somaiya Kala Vidya
Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...
Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...
Gildan Activewear SRL
Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...
Textiles | On 28th Mar 2017