Second Quarter 2013 Highlights:
- Revenue of $525 million, up 12 percent versus $470 million in first quarter 2013
- Adjusted EBITDA of $101 million, up 38 percent versus $73 million in first quarter 2013
- Adjusted EBITDA margin of 19 percent improves from 15 percent in first quarter 2013
- Mineral Sands segment revenue of $312 million and adjusted EBITDA of $129 million
- Pigment segment revenue of $304 million and adjusted EBITDA of ($26) million
- Pigment revenue up 6 percent versus first quarter 2013, driven by 7 percent volume increase to reach highest level since third quarter 2011; selling prices declined 1 percent
- Board declared regular quarterly dividend of $0.25 per share payable on September 4, 2013 to shareholders of record of company's Class A and Class B ordinary shares at close of business on August 19, 2013
Tom Casey, chairman and CEO of Tronox, said: "Our second quarter financial results reflect continued growth in pigment and zircon sales volumes, as well as the increasingly apparent benefits of our vertical integration. Our Pigment segment delivered its third consecutive quarter of sequential volume increase and second consecutive quarter of revenue increase while selling prices are showing signs of stabilizing.
The average cost of feedstock in Pigment continued to decline relative to prior quarters and our finished pigment inventory is approaching near normal levels. In Mineral Sands, we saw our third consecutive quarter of robust sequential zircon volume and revenue gains while selling prices improved. Our vertical integration continues on plan with 80 percent of Mineral Sands' second quarter feedstock revenue derived from intercompany sales, up from 70 percent in the first quarter 2013."
Click here to read full results
Apparel/Garments | On 26th Oct 2016
SGS, a leading inspection, auditing, certification, testing, and...
Textiles | On 26th Oct 2016
Senator Sheldon Whitehouse and the University of Rhode Island...
Reed Exhibitions India, organiser of Asian Machine Tool Exhibition 2016
'Major problem in the textile machinery manufacturing industry is the lack ...
Ozone PB Spintex Limited
‘We have made huge investments to ensure quality yarn production.’
Max Fashion India
‘Traditional high-street retailers are now willing to offer franchisees to ...
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
Sidwin Fabric is a manufacturer and exporter of polypropylene textiles and ...
Textiles | On 25th Oct 2016