The Inkjet India Workshop was designed to be a series of educational events to be held all over India focused on providing training to the various stakeholders involved in the Digital Textile & Industrial Inkjet areas.
The workshop gave the participants an in-depth technical understanding of Digital Textile Printing and also an opportunity to network with industry experts & colleagues. It was also a great opportunity for the brands, designers & buying houses to network with the leading digital printing houses in Surat.
The Workshop began with a traditional lighting the lamp ceremony and welcoming the guests – Mr Katargamwala & Mr Shethwala from the South Gujarat Chamber of Commerce & Industry. Gajanan Chandavarkar, Convener - Inkjet India Workshop 2013 welcomed the participants and emphasized on the untapped potential of digital textile printing in India. He also thanked the Sponsors, Speakers and wished Inkjet Forum India the best for their future endeavors.
Aditya Chandavarkar, Founder & CEO, Inkjet Forum India, introduced the participants to the workshop and emphasized on Why Surat ? Why Digital?. This was followed by workshop presentations by the course leaders spread over the two days:
- James Gill, Fujifilm Dimatix shared his views on the International Perspective of Digital Textile Printing, gave an overview of the recently concluded Shanghai ITEX Textile Show & shared his knowledges on the importance of using good inks.
- Mr. Mayur Kalbag, Spandan Consulting, connected with the participants by illustrating some examples related to life and how one can learn and emerge from them and apply those aspects for Enhancing their Managerial Skills.
- Steve Smith, DPInnovations conducted a informative color management workshop spread over the 2 days which focussed on all the key areas of RIP Software, Image types, Profiling & Color Management. The sessions emphasized the importance of RIP software technology to improve the digital textile printing business.
- Ms. Debbie Thorp, Global Inkjet Systems, gave the participants an overview of the Inkjet Printhead Technology. She also focused on the main aspects of Printheads, printheads for Textile Printing, their maintenance and Inks and their system basics.
- Prof. Dr. Marc Van Parys. University of Ghent, Belgium spoke about Post-treatment of Printed Fabrics, DP-printers, UV Curable inks for Textile & Digital Coating/Finishing & dyeing. He provided some glimpses into his research which gave the delegates an insight into the future of digital textile printing.
- Victor Guo, Atexco, shared his views on how to select the appriopriate Digital Textile Printing Technologies to fit your business model.
Textiles | On 25th May 2017
Huntsman Corporation and Clariant have announced that their boards of ...
Apparel/Garments | On 25th May 2017
European cities were the preferred new destination for international...
Gem Enviro Management Pvt Ltd
There are no significant differences between virgin yarn and PET recycled...
Narayan Tex Fab
I find it hard to find professionals in Surat
‘Portugal is taking away a major share of the mill made sector.’
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG
The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...
Bombay Textile Research Association
Bombay Textile Research Association (BTRA) is a leading name in textile...
Nature Works LLC
Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...
Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...
Sonam and Paras Modi's Sva Couture is synonymous with head-turning...
Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company
One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...
Textiles | On 25th May 2017