Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / SABIC's net profit rises 1.82% in 2013
SABIC's net profit rises 1.82% in 2013
21
Jan '14
The Saudi Basic Industries Corp (SABIC) has earned net profit of 25.23 billion riyals in 2013, registering an increase of 1.82 percent compared to its net profit of 24.78 billion riyals earned in 2012, according to the figures on the website of the Saudi Stock Exchange.
 
The company attributed the 1.82 percent increase in net income during the year to lower cost of sales and financial charges despite lower other income.
 
In the fourth quarter of 2013, SABIC posted a net profit of 6.16 billion riyals, showing a 5.66 percent increase over net profit of 5.83 billion riyals earned in the corresponding period of the previous year.
 
However, on a quarter-on-quarter basis, SABIC’s net profit declined by 4.79 percent in the October-December 2013 quarter. The company attributed the decrease to lower production and sales volumes despite higher other income and lower financial charges.
 
Ranked among the world’s largest petrochemicals manufacturers, SABIC is a public company based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 70 percent of the company’s shares are owned by the Saudi Arabian Government, while the remaining 30 percent are held by private investors in Saudi Arabia and other countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). 
 

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Israeli minister announces tax cuts on consumer goods

Apparel/Garments | On 14th Dec 2017

Israeli minister announces tax cuts on consumer goods

The Israeli Government will slash taxes by $227 million, finance...

Courtesy: Kelvin Techstyles

Apparel/Garments | On 14th Dec 2017

Kelvin Techstyles fuses style and function in city apparel

Fusing style and function in outdoor clothing, Roseville,...

India’s WPI inflation for textiles up 0.3% in Nov 2017

Textiles | On 14th Dec 2017

India’s WPI inflation for textiles up 0.3% in Nov 2017

India’s annual rate of inflation, based on monthly wholesale price...

Interviews View All

Representatives
Textile & apparel industry

GST is a complicated and lengthy process

Nuno Venda
ROQ

‘There has been an increase in demand for water based inks, rather than...

Prabu Mohanram
Balavigna Weaving Mills Pvt Ltd

The biggest challenge that the weaving industry faces is high price

Erik Sy

Manila-based CustomThread is a start-up offering premium custom apparel...

Anupam Arya

<div>Jaipur-based Fabriclore Retailing Pvt. Ltd. is attempting to revive...

Sugandha Bhardwaj

<div>New Delhi-based Brinjal Designs Pvt Ltd manufactures home furnishing...

Steve Cole
Xerium Technologies

Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...

Silke Brand-Kirsch
Schlegel und Partner

Silke Brand-Kirsch, executive partner of Schlegel und Partner, a leading...

Marcel Alberts
Eurofibers

Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...

Pranav Mishra
Huemn

Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...

Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab

Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...

Vaanee Bhatia
Gritstones Clothing

<div>Delhi-based Gritstones Clothing offers quality and exemplary style...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

December 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
69.6%
No
12.0%
Skip
18.5%

Total Votes: 92

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
62.0%
No
30.4%
Skip
7.6%

Total Votes: 92

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.0%
No
9.8%
Skip
3.3%

Total Votes: 92

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
81.5%
No
8.7%
Skip
9.8%

Total Votes: 92


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search