Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / IVL acquires majority stake in PHP Fibres
IVL acquires majority stake in PHP Fibres
03
Feb '14
Indorama Ventures Public (IVL) signed the sale and purchase agreement with the intention to acquire the shares of PHP Fibers GmbH, Germany, and all subsidiaries controlled by PHP. IVL will hold 80% of PHP and the remaining 20% will be held by Toyobo, a leading Japanese manufacturer of high-function products for the automotive and other industries.
 
Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited (IVL), listed in Thailand, is a global leader in the Polyester value chain with a strong global network and manufacturing across Asia, Africa, Europe and North America. IVL has approximately 9,000 employees worldwide and it achieved last twelve months consolidated revenue ending Q3 2013 of $7.3 billion USD (= 5.4 billion EUR).
 
Toyobo will participate as a minority partner in this deal and is especially interested in forming an even stronger partnership between PHP fibers and Toyobo in the area of yarn and fabrics for airbag applications. Together PHP fibers and Toyobo will become the biggest integrated airbag yarn and fabric producer with operations in Europe, US, Japan, Thailand and China.
 
The integration within the Indorama Group will create enormous strategic and operational opportunities for PHP Fibers. It will enable PHP Fibers to accelerate its global growth strategy as a leading supplier of high-tenacity Polyamide- and Polyester filament yarns in its existing strong growing markets especially for airbags, tires and industrial fabrics.
 

PHP Fibres


Must ReadView All

Apparel/Garments | On 23rd Aug 2017

BRC welcomes clarity on goods flow during Brexit

British Retail Consortium (BRC) has welcomed the greater clarity that ...

Textiles | On 23rd Aug 2017

Picanol records 11% rise in 2017 first half turnover

The Picanol Group, which specialises in the development, production...

Textiles | On 23rd Aug 2017

Kraig delivers first dragon silk fibre to medical firm

Kraig Biocraft Laboratories, Inc. a leading developer of genetically...

Interviews View All

Giovanni Pizzamiglio, Paolo Crespi & Riccardo Robustelli
Epson, For.Tex & F.lli Robustelli

‘The percentage share of printing in the global textile market is pretty...

Sachin Sharma
Gem Enviro Management Pvt Ltd

There are no significant differences between virgin yarn and PET recycled...

Nishank Patel
Shri Dinesh Mills Limited

Broad range of fabrics will sell well this financial year

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Marcel Alberts
Eurofibers

Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...

Kai Poehler
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG

The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...

Mike Hoffman
Gildan Activewear SRL

Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...

Tony Ward
Tony Ward

"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...

Sanjukta Dutta
Sanjukta's Studio

<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

August 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
67.7%
No
16.1%
Skip
16.1%

Total Votes: 31

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
45.2%
No
35.5%
Skip
19.4%

Total Votes: 31

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
83.9%
No
6.5%
Skip
9.7%

Total Votes: 31

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
61.3%
No
9.7%
Skip
29.0%

Total Votes: 31


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search