Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Global PX consumption to grow at 6% CAGR till 2020
Global PX consumption to grow at 6% CAGR till 2020
21
Aug '15
The global consumption of paraxylene (PX) is likely to grow at a CAGR of six per cent till 2020, says a latest report released by Fibre2Fashion.

 

The report titled “Global Paraxylene Market Outlook - Global Market Trends, Share, Global Paraxylene Market Size by Region and Application (Analysis, Opportunities, Market Shares and Forecast Till 2020)” discusses worldwide paraxylene production, consumption, export-import, and price trends.

The report also forecasts paraxylene production and consumption 2015 till 2020.

According to the report, global paraxylene consumption is projected to reach close to 54 million tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 6.0 per cent between 2015 and 2020 with Asia-Pacific region dominating the market. In 2014, Asia-Pacific region accounted for close to 80.0 per cent of the global demand.  

Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) production is the largest end-use application of paraxylene, accounting for around 98 per cent of the market in 2014 and the remaining 2 per cent is used in Di-methyl Terephthalate (DMT) production.

PX, which serves as significant basic chemical, finds extensive application, such as chemical fiber (manmade fibre), synthetic resin, pesticide, medicine and plastic, etc. Currently PX is mainly used for production of PTA, polyester, and as a raw material for solvent, medicine and printing ink.

Click here to access the report.

Fibre2Fashion.com was established in 2000 and is owned and promoted by Fibre2Fashion Pvt. Ltd. (formerly known as Sanblue Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.) - an ISO 9001:2008 company. It is amongst the world's largest B2B platforms for the global textile-apparel and fashion industry.

Since its inception, Fibre2Fashion has helped several small, medium and large business houses from across the globe to capture and increase their market share by providing cost-effective and innovative solutions to help them reach the largest international target audience in the shortest time.

Fibre2Fashion's services include providing market analysis of global price trends of fibre and feedstock commodities like PSF, PTA, caprolactam, cotton, and many more, which manufacturers and suppliers find useful for their strategic planning, marketing and decision-making activities.

Fibre2Fashion News Desk – India


Must ReadView All

FDI in Vietnamese textile-garment projects on the rise

Apparel/Garments | On 24th Jun 2018

FDI in Vietnamese textile-garment projects on the rise

The European Union-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement and the Comprehensive ...

Courtesy: Alizilla

Apparel/Garments | On 24th Jun 2018

Alibaba Group sets up office in Kuala Lumpur

Strengthening its commitment to Malaysia, Alibaba Group has set up an ...

Bombay Dyeing plans to wind up Indonesian JV

Textiles | On 24th Jun 2018

Bombay Dyeing plans to wind up Indonesian JV

Bombay Dyeing & Manufacturing Co Ltd plans to wind up its loss making ...

Interviews View All

Kamlesh Vaghela
RK Textiles

Very few machinery manufacturers have R&D units

Veronique Lee
Modavanti

‘Sustainable fashion is trending upwards, slowly but surely, as people...

Nitin Soni
Dolphin Jingwei Machines

Taxation policies need to be made simpler

Apurva Kothari

No Nasties was the first fashion brand in India to make 100 per cent...

Harsh Shah

Fynd is the central online shopping destination for fashion, offering...

Mala Alwani

<div>Delhi-based fast fashion womenswear brand, Besiva, aims to bridge the ...

Paolo Ocleppo
Sandvik Hyperion

Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Aditi Somani
Aditi Somani

Aditi Somani specialises in luxury fusion wear with international cuts and ...

Judy Frater
Somaiya Kala Vidya

Among the many honours showered on Frater, including Fulbright and Ford...

Pranav Mishra
Huemn

Designers Pranav Mishra and Shyma Shetty’s Huemn is known for its...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


June 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Advanced Search