Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Lenzing transfers 60% share in Business Unit Paper
Lenzing transfers 60% share in Business Unit Paper
27
Feb '08
The Lenzing Group will transfer 60 percent of its shares in Business Unit Paper and the control of the business to a group of investors around core investor Ernst Brunbauer (Gmunden, Austria) with the beginning of March. Lenzing AG will keep the remaining 40 percent.

A corresponding declaration of intent has already been signed and a final framework agreement will be signed with the group of investors this week. The new majority shareholder will operate Lenzing Paper at its site, Lenzing (Austria), as an independent business.

The decision is a consistent continuation of Lenzing's strategic focus on innovative cellulose fiber products, high-quality synthetic special fibers and thermoplastics.

Lenzing expands dynamically in these two segments. The Group is world market leader in cellulose fibers and has acquired four companies in plastics in 2007 alone. Lenzing Paper is the smallest business unit of the Lenzing Group, with an annual production of 80,000 tons of specialty papers (envelope, poster and recycled paper) and a turnover of about EUR 60 mill. The current staff of about 130 will be taken over by the new majority shareholder.

The Lenzing Group is an international corporate group with headquarters in Upper Austria. We are present on world markets and we set standards in the field of man-made cellulose fibers with our quality and our innovations.

Lenzing fibers (viscose, modal and lyocell) are made from wood, the renewable rawmaterial. They are used by the textile industry – for garments, home textiles and technical textiles – as well as by the nonwovens industry (sanitary, medical, cosmetics).

The Lenzing Group


Must ReadView All

Apparel/Garments | On 21st Sep 2017

UK fashion exports £10.7 bn in 2016; highest till now

Exports of British fashion goods rose to £10.7 billion in 2016, the...

Apparel/Garments | On 21st Sep 2017

BFC announces partnership with Chinese firm JD.com

The British Fashion Council (BFC) has forged a new partnership...

Textiles | On 21st Sep 2017

Indonesia’s textile exports may reach $15 billion by 2019

Indonesia’s textile-related exports are projected to reach $15...

Interviews View All

Jim Desai
Blaiva Fabricaa

Fashion industry likely to remain labour-intensive in coming years

Pinkesh Jain
Everflow Petrofils Ltd

‘An innovative technology which India needs desperately is the...

Vasanth Kumar
Max Fashion India

‘Traditional high-street retailers are now willing to offer franchisees to ...

Kai Poehler
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG

The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...

Mohammad Hassan
Biax Fiberfilm

About one in every 20 patients picks up an infection while hospitalised....

Paolo Ocleppo
Sandvik Hyperion

Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...

Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab

Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...

Jay Ramrakhiani
Occasions Elegance Wear

It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...

Madhu Jain
Madhu Jain

She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

September 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
74.5%
No
12.8%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
61.7%
No
25.5%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
6.4%
Skip
6.4%

Total Votes: 47

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
70.2%
No
10.6%
Skip
19.1%

Total Votes: 47


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search