DESIGNER TOPAZ helps sewers take their skills to next level
SVP Worldwide, owner of HUSQVARNA VIKING brand sewing machines—the leading global sewing machine manufacturer, announced the worldwide introduction of its new DESIGNER TOPAZ line of sewing and embroidery machines. The new DESIGNER TOPAZ 20 and DESIGNER TOPAZ 30 machines make sewing more efficient through time-saving innovations, generous sewing and embroidery space and intuitive technology.
“Embroidery is now accessible to more people as sewers around the world are turning to embroidery to express their creativity,” said Don Fletcher, CEO of SVP Worldwide. “The new HUSQVARNA VIKING DESIGNER TOPAZ sewing and embroidery machines have been developed to be the perfect tool to help sewers take their embroidery skills to the next level. HUSQVARNA VIKING's expanding product lines give sewers what they want and need as they use their creativity and imagination to make beautiful projects.”
Among the more than 100 features and benefits available in the DESIGNER TOPAZ line of machines, sewers will find capability, convenience and innovation for their personal projects ranging from quilts, garments, home décor or fashion sewing:
• Hundreds of stitches are available including up to 5 alphabet styles and unlimited fonts with 4D QUICK FONT, a new feature that allows a sewer to create an embroidery font from any true type font on a computer.
• The large extended sewing surface (250 mm, almost 10 inches) is ideal for large projects.
• The large embroidery area (up to 360 x 200m) and the many available hoops give sewers the space to create spectacular designs without rehooping.
• The 1GB USB embroidery stick allows sewers to easily save thousands of embroidery designs or conveniently transfer designs between a personal computer and the DESIGNER TOPAZ machine.
• With the touch of a button the exclusive SEWING ADVISOR feature eliminates time-consuming guesswork as it instantly selects the best stitch and settings for the type and weight of fabric being sewn, and recommends the presser foot, needle and more for successful sewing.
• The EXCLUSIVE SENSOR SYSTEM feature automatically lowers the presser foot when you start to sew. Sensor Foot Pressure automatically and continuously senses the fabric thickness—resulting in a perfect even-feed of any fabric. The Sensor Foot Pivot position raises the foot to just the right height for adjusting a project or turning a corner.
• The 4D ORGANIZER software organizes all of the sewer's embroidery design files for easy access.
• The DESIGNER TOPAZ 30 machine eliminates trimming time with the Automatic Jump Stitch Trim feature which automatically trims jump stitch threads while embroidering.
• On the GraphicDisplay sewers can see a stitch in actual size and make any adjustments to it before it is sewn. Embroidery designs can be customized on screen with just a touch of a finger. Sewers can mirror, rotate, and scale designs to meet their needs.
“The new DESIGNER TOPAZ machines are ideal for sewing enthusiasts who seek premium innovations and for skilled sewers who want to increase their level of proficiency,” said Brad Hunsaker, Global Vice President of Sales and Marketing for SVP Worldwide. “Our global consumer research has shown proficient sewers want time-saving conveniences, efficient features, and ease of use—all of which are found in the new DESIGNER TOPAZ line of sewing and embroidery machines.”