New textile chemicals & dyestuffs from Clariant
Clariant has recently developed and launched worldwide a range of versatile new products.
Foron Black AS-3LF - Foron Black AS-3LF is a new disperse dyestuff for high light-fast applications and the successor to Foron Black AS-LF. A high light-fast and hot light-fast black disperse dyestuff, it is 30% stronger than Foron Black AS-LF and characterized by good build-up. It achieves a neutral shade under different light sources and low color fading after exposure to light. It is suitable for complying with all common automotive light-fastness standards and characterized by excellent sublimation fastness up to 180°C at 30 seconds, with very good combinability with UV-absorbers such as Clariant's Fadex.
Foron Dark Blue S-WF - Foron Dark Blue S-WF is being introduced to cover a current color spectrum matching gap and is intended to be employed as a base element for dark blue and navy shades. It displays a better cotton reserve when compared to Clariant's Foron Navy S-WF and is therefore an excellent choice for PES/cotton blends. Due to its excellent exhaust behavior and very high sublimation fastness, Foron Dark Blue S-WF is suitable for both exhaust and continuous (SWIFT) applications.
Nylosan S range
Clariant is also introducing three new patented additions to its Nylosan S range. All three dyestuffs are suitable for polyamide – particularly PA/PU microfibers – and wool fibers, and represent state of the art in respect of wet fastness within the Acid Super Milling Dyestuff Class. Unlike conventional Milling dyestuffs, however, these Nylosan S products have a very high degree of compatibility. In combination with Lanasyn F, they are suitable for a range color effects from the most intense bright colors to the deepest dull ternary shades. Application of these products is comparable to existing conventional acid dye methods.
The three new products are:
- Nylosan Orange S-3R - A metal-free, bright reddish ternary orange element which fits the color space between the existing Nylosan Yellow S-L and Nylosan Red S-GS products.
- Nylosan Red S-3B - A metal-free, bluish-red ternary element for the color space between the existing Nylosan Red S-B and Nylosan Blue S-R products.
- Nylosan Navy S-3G - A metal-free, greenish navy ternary element for use as a dark blue ternary element, in addition to the production of a number of navy and black shades.
All three new elements exhibit almost identical performance.
In respect of polyamide, they offer:- Very high build up (even on microfiber).
- Very high fastness to washing, perspiration and water.
- Slight-to-moderate polyurethane stain.
- Moderate-to-good light-fastness.
- A high degree of compatibility with new and existing Nylosan S dyestuffs.