New in North America: Sanitized Silver for all textiles without a binder
SANITIZED AG is launching a distinct new product Sanitized Silver, an antimicrobial finish that can be applied without a binder not only during the exhaust process but now also during the padding process. “This is good news to textile manufacturers because this means delicate and stretchable fabrics now can be protected against bacteria and odor by using Sanitized Silver,” says Darrell Burnette, the company's new business development manager for North America.
Developed and produced in Switzerland, Sanitized Silver is based on silver salt (not metallic silver) which is scientifically recognized as having natural antimicrobial properties. As a result, when applied as a finish to fabric, Sanitized Silver acts on the bacterial cell membranes, which prevents their growth and hinders the reproduction of the bacteria responsible for the development of unpleasant odors – offering optimal freshness and comfort.
In addition, Sanitized Silver carries bluesign approval and the Oeko-Tex 100 registration (class IIV) indicating it has undergone stringent quality tests and has met the highest requirements.
“SANITIZED is an environmentally conscious company. These quality seals demonstrate that Sanitized Silver is safe for man and the environment,” says Burnette, who is a chemist by training with 20 years of textile/specialty chemical experience.
Sanitized Silver Benefits:
- May be applied during the padding process, not just the exhaust process. This means soft and stretchable fabrics that can only be treated by the padding process now can profit from this finish which prevents bacteria and odor. This is what differentiates Sanitized Silver from other silver products.
- Improves wearing comfort of clothing and does not alter the feel of soft-touch fabrics.
- Is essential for fabrics, especially polyester, used in performance clothing found in sportswear, outerwear, and work wear. It also applies to knitwear such as T-shirts, underwear, and socks.
- Has a high washing resistance of 50 or more wash cycles at 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Performance clothing stays fresh longer and can be washed frequently without compromising the antimicrobial benefits.
- Is suited for all types of fabric construction. It offers greater flexibility by its ability to combine with a broad range of other textile finishes.
- Allows for better handling. Sanitized Silver is a ready-to-use solution and does not need to be combined with other products such as a binder.
Sanitized Silver is NOT Nanotechnology: Sanitized Silver is neither nanotechnology nor nanosilver.
This was demonstrated in measurements taken by an independent institute using the “Generic Latex Measurement.” The particle size and distribution measurements verified that Sanitized Silver lies out of the nano-particle range. (Additional information on this is available upon request.) “SANITIZED AG does not use nanotechnology and currently does not sell nanotechnology-based products,” says Burnette, who with his extensive sales and marketing background has worked globally with apparel companies and traditional textile manufacturers. His responsibilities include marketing the Sanitized brand and, in conjunction with Clariant N.A., helping customers in the U.S. and Canada to find solutions to fit their needs from the Sanitized antimicrobial product line.
To strengthen its position in the North American market, SANITIZED AG has appointed Darrell Burnette as business development manager for North America. Burnette, with over 20 years of textile / specialty chemical experience along with an extensive sales and marketing background, has worked globally with apparel companies and traditional textile manufacturers.