Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Makeup of 2009 independent WoolPoll Panel announced
Makeup of 2009 independent WoolPoll Panel announced
17
Mar '09
The Chairman of the 2009 WoolPoll Panel Will Roberts has announced the makeup of the 2009 independent WoolPoll Panel.

The panel includes seven industry representatives as well as the Chairman and a representative of Australian Wool Innovation (AWI) and the Federal Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF).

Mr Roberts said the panel members represented a balance of state farming organisations, industry groups and breeding groups.

“This is an eminent group of people who care deeply about the wool industry,” Mr Roberts said.

“I believe we will be able to work collaboratively to make sure that all levy payers are able to make an informed decision about their future investment in AWI when they cast their votes later this year.”

The Woolpoll vote will determine the size of the levy which woolgrowers pay to enable AWI to carry out its research and development and marketing work.

Growers will be given a choice of levy percentage, which currently stands at 2% of the gross proceeds of the wool clip, as well as the way in which the money should be spent, which currently sees 60% go to marketing and off farm product development and the other 40% go to on farm research and development.

The panel members include:
• Will Roberts (QLD), Chairman
• Don Hamblin (NSW), President of Wool Producers Australia
• Max Watts (WA), Wool Section President of the Western Australian Farmers Federation
• Helen Cathles (NSW), Vice President of the Australian Superfine Wool Growers Association
• Brent Finlay (QLD), Sheep and Wool President of Agforce Queensland
• Tom Ashby (SA), Vice President of the Australian Association of Stud Merino Breeders
• Chris Komor (NSW), representative of the Australian Wool Growers Association
• Jock MacRae (VIC), President of the Victorian Stud Merino Breeders

The panel also includes the Executive Manager Agricultural Productivity in the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry Allen Grant and AWI Board Member George Falkiner.

The panel will meet for the first time later this month.

The panel's role is to act as an independent scrutineer of the WoolPoll process and to make recommendations to AWI about the levy rates to be polled and the voter information memorandum and the ballot paper.

Australian Wool Innovation


Must ReadView All

FDI in Vietnamese textile-garment projects on the rise

Apparel/Garments | On 24th Jun 2018

FDI in Vietnamese textile-garment projects on the rise

The European Union-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement and the Comprehensive ...

Courtesy: Alizilla

Apparel/Garments | On 24th Jun 2018

Alibaba Group sets up office in Kuala Lumpur

Strengthening its commitment to Malaysia, Alibaba Group has set up an ...

Bombay Dyeing plans to wind up Indonesian JV

Textiles | On 24th Jun 2018

Bombay Dyeing plans to wind up Indonesian JV

Bombay Dyeing & Manufacturing Co Ltd plans to wind up its loss making ...

Interviews View All

Top executives
Textile industry, India

The event should be organised every year

Headhonchos
Textiles & allied industry

Textiles industry is always in the forefront in accepting latest technology

Marazban F Velati
Sutlej Textiles & Industries limited

No training can be effective till the candidate believes in it.

Ravindra Jain, Ashish Baid

Oswal Prints Private Limited has been manufacturing and exporting ethnic...

Abhishek Pachauri

Reckon Industries adapts latest systems for manufacturing from designing...

Rajat Jaipuria

Activewear brand Soul Space promotes organic cotton farming and...

Iago Castro Asensio
RCfil Distribuciones S.L.

Iago Castro Asensio, International Business Manager of RCfil...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Eric Scholler
Groz-Beckert

The Indian market has huge potential in technical textiles, and by far,...

Madhu Jain
Madhu Jain

She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...

Wendell Rodricks
Wendell Rodricks

"We should not compare India and the West. There are things we do that...

Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab

Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

Leave your Comments


June 2018

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Advanced Search