Workshop on Marketing & Technology of Technical Textiles
Texas Tech University, USA partners with Bangalore, India based TecniTex Nonwovens for a major technical textiles event in Coimbatore, India on July 3 and 4, 2009.
Technical textiles is a growth area world over, which is expected to play a major role in the growth of the Indian Textile Industry. Government of India eyes on the technical textiles sector for boosting India's textile industry.
In India, technical textiles industry is at a very nascent stage and contributes to around 5% towards the overall textile industry. The recent Paris based Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) report on global GDP shows that USA & Europe will have negative growth in the third and fourth quarters of 2009. This adverse economic situation will have negative effect on the textile exports from India and other developing nations.
In addition, the competitive advantages of India in textiles sector are eroded from low wage countries and lack of raw materials such as cotton and dearth in innovation affect the Indian textile industry. It is therefore important for the Indian textile sector to diversify and capture both domestic and international markets. Technical textile serves as a timely solution for this situation. There is a need to create awareness on the technology and marketing of technical textiles for entrepreneurs to initiate investments and create a technical textiles base in India.
A timely and internationally collaborative event will be held in Coimbatore on 3-4 July at the Residency Hotel to address the issues related to the development of technical textiles in India. This event will be the first of its kind to provide know-how on the products and processes related to technical textiles such as wipes, disposable products, medical textiles etc.
The USA based The Institute of Environmental and Human Health at Texas Tech University is partnering with Bangalore based TecniTex Nonwovens Pvt. Ltd to offer the unique program targeted towards growing technical textiles projects in India. Two world leading associations in the nonwovens and technical textiles field such as Cary, USA based Association of the Nonwovens Fabrics Industry (INDA) and Roseville, USA based Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI) are serving as supporting organizations.
Lubbock, USA based Plains Cotton Growers, Inc. is also a supporter of the event. In addition, from India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Textile Management, The Southern India Mills' Association, Textiles Committee and Knit Cloth Manufacturers Association are all supporting this first focused workshop on technical textiles.
Unique Features of this Event:
• The workshop will focus both technical & market aspects of technical textiles.
• It will teach: What are technical textiles, How to Make them and Where to Market Technical Textiles?
• World market analyses on both disposable & durable technical textiles will be presented from IFAI and INDA.
• Product know-how & development of technical textiles products such as wipes, medical textiles will be presented by the leading experts from US Pacific Nonwovens, Hong Kong and Ahlstrom, to name a few.
• Major technical textile companies in India and international experts will participate.
• The participants will receive latest market analysis reports to help them venture into technical textiles.
Texas Tech University