Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Chinese market growing stronger, participants @ Intertextile
Chinese market growing stronger, participants @ Intertextile
15
Apr '10
Taking place 30 March – 1 April 2010, some 1,100 exhibitors from 16 countries and regions showcased their range of apparel fabrics and textile related products at Intertextile Beijing Apparel Fabrics on 50,000 sqm of trade space. Visitor flow was comparable with the previous edition, in all, the fair closed with 24,373 trade visitors from 73 countries and regions – a solid performance given the general caution and hesitancy in much of the international textile industry. “The results speak for the quality of the Intertextile brand name, including its reputation nationally and internationally as well as China's thriving textile sector,” said Ms Wendy Wen, Trade Fair Director for Messe Frankfurt HK Ltd.

12 percent of buyers came from outside of China. Korea led the list, followed by Hong Kong, Japan, Turkey, Italy and the US. Meanwhile the remaining 88 percent were from China, with strong visiting regions including Beijing, Zhejiang, Guangdong, Shanghai and Jiangsu plus 8 percent of the local buyers represented subsidiaries or branches of foreign companies located in China.In fact, Chinese buyers are becoming more sophisticated and professional in this market, which is developing step by step, according to participants who have taken part in earlier Intertextile Apparel Fabrics shows in Beijing.

“China is the largest export economy, making it one of the most important markets in the world. With this huge shift in purchasing power comes about great change. Consumers are now demanding higher quality clothing, which means a greater demand for quality fabrics,” commented Mr Antonino Laspina, Trade Commissioner for the Italian Trade Commission stationed in Beijing. “The positive feedback proves that this platform is a great meeting point that is in line with the Chinese market demands.”

In terms of business nature, nearly half of attendees were from garment manufacturers. In general, buyers came to look for menswear. Luxurious textiles such as wool, cashmeres and silks were hot on demand as well natural fibres for casualwear.

One of China's well-known fabrics suppliers, Ruyi Knitting Co Ltd also commented on the Chinese market. “Our booth has been consistently busy these few days. Not only do we get a chance make real business but this is the best opportunity for us to analyse the growing Chinese market that is very interested in our casualwear fabrics,” observed Vice Business General Manager, Mr Yue Xin.

Exhibitors and visitors also praised the new layout of the fair. These included special areas that were clearly signposted such as:
- Country/ region pavilions from Korea, Pakistan and Taiwan
- A European Hall that featured pavilions from Germany and Italy plus a wool zone with exhibitors from the UK and Turkey
- New Japan zone and an Overseas accessories zone
- Domestic Chinese halls classified with different kinds of fabrics: suitings, ladieswear, casual wear, functional and sportswear accessories

Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 22nd Apr 2017

Strong rupee & weak trade to affect textile exporters

Textile and apparel exporters' earnings and EBITDA margins will be...

Textiles | On 22nd Apr 2017

Myntra acquires InLogg

With an aim to strengthen supply chain and logistics, Flipkart-owned...

Textiles | On 22nd Apr 2017

Aditya Birla Group launches new variant Liva Crème

After its successful launch of high quality fabric Liva in 2015,...

Interviews View All

Nishank Patel
Shri Dinesh Mills Limited

Broad range of fabrics will sell well this financial year

Sunil Kumar Sharma
Loknayak JPNSSSG Ltd

'The blend of cotton–linen yarn has high demand in the domestic and...

Anvita Mehra
Confidential Couture

‘It is going to take some time for Indian buyers to get accustomed to...

Giorgio Mantovani
Corman S.p.A

Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...

Kevin Nelson
TissueGen

Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...

Paolo Ocleppo
Sandvik Hyperion

Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...

Karan Arora
Karan Arora

Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...

Tony Ward
Tony Ward

"You have to truly understand what your client wants, know her needs, what ...

Robert Brunner
Devereux

Golfwear and menswear brand Devereux is set for greener pastures. Robert...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH
April 2017

April 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

SUBSCRIBE


Browse Our Archives

GO


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search