Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Vicunha to begin denim production in Argentina
Vicunha to begin denim production in Argentina
04
Feb '11
Vicunha – the Brazilian Textile company and one of the biggest manufacturers of denim fabrics, has announced that it would start denim production in Argentina. This would reduce Argentina's dependence on imports of denim fabrics from plants in San Pablo, Rio Grande do Norte and Ceará.

In a statement issued by the company to the Stock Exchange of St. Paul, this announcement was made which states that a deal was inked between Vicunha and San Juan Ullum Group for manufacturing denim fabrics in Argentina.

The operation of the company in Argentina will be directed by means of its subsidiary – Brastex SA. The Brazilian Group ventured into Argentina way back in 1989 and so far had been operating through their Brazilian plants.

Vicunha sourced 85 percent of denim fabrics from its plants located in the states of Ceará, Rio Grande do Norte and San Pablo in Brazil. The rest of the 15 percent was manufactured domestically and was acquired by means of outsourcing arrangements with plants in Argentina.

The company's intention to start denim production in Argentina is a part of its strategy to globally expand its business. As part of this strategy, it has also installed a plant in Ecuador and opened an office in Switzerland. Apart from these, the company also made an announcement to establish a distribution centre to cater the needs of the Mexican market.

With the beginning of denim production in Argentina, Vicunha is looking forward to compete with other Brazilian textile giants, which have already started their operations in Argentina such as Santana Textiles and Alpargatas Santista under Camargo Correa.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Textiles | On 24th Aug 2017

US, Mexico, Canada committed to updating NAFTA

The Unites States, Mexico and Canada have asserted their commitment...

Courtesy: Walmart

Apparel/Garments | On 24th Aug 2017

Walmart partners Google for voice shopping

US based multinational retailer Walmart has entered into a...

Textiles | On 24th Aug 2017

Pakistan's textile exports increase 2.78% in July 2017

The value of textile and garment exports from Pakistan increased by...

Interviews View All

Manuj Terapanthi
Texaura

Transparent supply chain and fair trade will boost sustainable market

Luke Otten
Wigwam Mills Inc

Wigwam aims to recycle discarded yarn that doesn’t make it through the...

Divyesh Mashruwala
Akshar Industries

Surat dominates foiling, embossing and pleating

Lynda Kelly
Suominen Corporation

Suominen Corporation is a manufacturer of nonwovens as roll goods for...

Eamonn Tighe
Nature Works LLC

Eamonn Tighe, Fibres and Nonwovens - Business Development Manager of...

Kai Poehler
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG

The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...

Sanjukta Dutta
Sanjukta's Studio

<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...

Jay Ramrakhiani
Occasions Elegance Wear

It is believed that by early 19th century, Varanasi weavers had moved away ...

Madhu Jain
Madhu Jain

She grew up in the walled city of Old Delhi, completed her studies, and...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

August 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
67.7%
No
16.1%
Skip
16.1%

Total Votes: 31

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
45.2%
No
35.5%
Skip
19.4%

Total Votes: 31

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
83.9%
No
6.5%
Skip
9.7%

Total Votes: 31

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
61.3%
No
9.7%
Skip
29.0%

Total Votes: 31


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search