Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / PET bottle recycler eyes Rs 10bn revenues
PET bottle recycler eyes Rs 10bn revenues
24
Mar '11
Riding on the back of soaring demand for polyester fibre, simultaneously in the local as well as the world markets, the Kanpur-based Ganesh Polytex (GPL) is targeting Rs. 10 billion in revenue over the next five years, through capacity expansion.

Presently, the firm's revenue is growing at a rate of 30 percent per annum, and is likely to touch around Rs. 2.65 billion for the 2011-12 fiscal.

The firm is engaged in recycling of PET bottle waste and convert it into Recycled Polyester Staple Fibre (RPSF).

Moreover, the firm which is the leading player in the RPSF industry is now also establishing a greenfield yarn spinning facility with a capacity of 25,000 spindles in Uttar Pradesh's Bilaspur with an investment of Rs. 1.25 billion.

The company plans to fund the investments through equity, debts and internal accruals.

GPL now houses an overall installed capacity of 57,600 tons / annum, and intends to raise this to around 72,000 tons / annum with addition of another 14,000 tons / annum by 2012-13 fiscal.

Moreover, the company is also considering penetration into the business of recycling plastic waste.

The firm now operates two state-of-the-art facilities one each in Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh and at Rudrapur in Uttarakhand.

Of the company's overall production around 20 percent is exported to European countries, while the remaining 80 percent is consumed domestically.

Fibre2fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Courtesy: Michael Kors

Fashion | On 25th Jul 2017

Michael Kors to acquire Jimmy Choo

Global fashion luxury brand Michael Kors Holdings Limited has reached ...

Apparel/Garments | On 25th Jul 2017

VF Corp posts $2.4 billion revenue for Q2 2017

VF Corporation has recorded revenue of $2.4 billion, up 2 per cent,...

Textiles | On 25th Jul 2017

Egypt signs agreement with UNIDO for cotton production

Egypt has signed a €1.5 million ($1.74 million) cooperation agreement ...

Interviews View All

Deepak Jain
Baggout

We are using Facebook and Instagram to promote ourselves

Smarth Bansal
Colorjet India Limited

We would like to venture more companies into the Indian market

Karan Toshniwal
Orange O Tec

Contemporary industry is paying more and more attention to the...

Giorgio Mantovani
Corman S.p.A

Giorgio Mantovani, MD of Corman, with a presence in both Milano and New...

Johan Berlin
InvestKonsult Sweden AB

Investkonsult Sweden AB has been buying and selling second-hand textile...

Kai Poehler
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG

The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...

Prathyusha Garimella
Prathyusha Garimella

Hyderabad-based designer <b>Prathyusha Garimella</b> is known for blending ...

Ritu Kumar
Label Ritu Kumar

‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...

Aditi Somani
Aditi Somani

Aditi Somani specialises in luxury fusion wear with international cuts and ...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

July 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search



X