Conference on Textile Coating and Laminating in Orlando
The original and most followed conference on textile coating and laminating, TCL2011 International Conference is returning to the USA. The venue for the 2011 meeting will be the 4-star Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa in Orlando, Florida, on 17-18 November 2011. After the great success of the 2010 meeting in Cannes, France, this year's meeting will be eagerly anticipated.
The Conference Chairman will once again be William C (Bill) Smith, Principal, Industrial Textile Associates, USA, who originated and developed the conference series as Editor of the Journal of Coated Fabrics (now the Journal of Industrial Textiles), and most recently has edited a new book on 'Smart/Intelligent Coating and Laminating'.
International experts will present on topics including:
• developments in coating and laminating technology
• coating materials
• end-use applications
Subjects for discussion will include the latest updates on: coatings for flame retardancy, heat resistance, water repellency, weather resistance, and ballistic protection; technologies such as plasma technology, UV curing, infrared treatment and hotmelt systems; and coating materials including nanocoatings, ceramic coatings, silicone coatings and hotmelt coatings, along with smart/intelligent coatings and laminates.
The venue is the Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa, a high-quality meeting venue, as well as being very well situated for the various tourist attractions in the region. November in Florida generally has ideal weather with average temperatures of 79°F (high) - 59° F (low) (26-15°C).
Who should attend
• Managing Directors, CEO's, Presidents and other senior managers of companies involved with the textile coating and laminating industry, whether suppliers, processors, or end users.
• Technical directors and managers concerned with the latest developments in fibres, fabrics, adhesives, films, polymers, coating and laminating techniques, converting, etc
• Marketing directors and managers who need to keep up to date with market developments and the prospects for coated and laminated textiles
• Industry analysts and others concerned with the future of the global textiles coating and laminating industry
This year's program will have the theme A Vital Industry Moving Forward – For now and the future.
The core of the program will be presentations by invited experts, but in order to give an opportunity for anyone with exciting and relevant ideas to present to a high-level international audience, a call for papers is being issued for contributions in the following areas, with emphasis on work that will impact the industry, short term as well as the future:
Session 1: The State of the Industry: Talks focused on an overview of the industry covering the depth of the industry, a look at the economic outlook, global developments that will affect industry, environmental and legislation/regulation issues.