Home / Knowledge / News / Textiles / Uttarakhand earmarks land for textile park
Uttarakhand earmarks land for textile park
20
Jan '16
In a boost to the textile industry in Uttarakhand, the state government has earmarked over 103 acres for the establishment of the long promised textile park at the State Infrastructure and Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand Ltd (SIDCUL), Sitarganj. The park is to be completed in the current year, said NK Koranga, DGM, SIDCUL, in Rudrapur.

“We have started inviting applications from industrialists for the textile parks at Pantnagar, Sitarganj, Jaspur and Rudrapur towns. The park is to be established in joint venture with the Central government holding 40 per cent share and the industrialists and the state government having the remaining 60 per cent,” said Gaurav Chatwal, Regional Manager, SIDCUL, The Tribune newspaper has reported.

Chatwal said over seven textile manufacturers from across the country had applied to establish their units at SIDCUL, Sitargaj. According to SIDCUL sources, some companies have even identified land to establish their units.

Former Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna had announced the establishment of the textile park at the Sitarganj SIDCUL in 2012. The then Union Textile Minister Anand Sharma had laid its foundation stone of the project. If the park is established according to plans, every company will be able to create over 3,000 jobs, the report said. (SH)

Fibre2Fashion News Desk - India


Must ReadView All

Apparel/Garments | On 22nd Sep 2017

Govt announces new duty drawback rates for garments

The Government of India has today announced the new duty drawback...

Courtesy: ITMA

Textiles | On 22nd Sep 2017

ITMA 2019 to focus on smart garment technologies

ITMA 2019, the world's largest textile and garment technology...

Apparel/Garments | On 22nd Sep 2017

New US FTC rule for RN used on textile product labels

The US Federal Trade Commission recently streamlined requirements...

Interviews View All

Representatives
Textile & apparel industry

GST is a complicated and lengthy process

Rashi Menda
Zapyle

Every fifth sale we make on Zapyle is a repeat purchase

Rahul Bhadani
Looksgud

Navigating through catalogues is a bit hasslesome

Kerem Durdag
Biovation II LLC

Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...

Marten Alkhagen
Swerea IVF AB

Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...

Kevin Nelson
TissueGen

Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...

Vaanee Bhatia
Gritstones Clothing

<div>Delhi-based Gritstones Clothing offers quality and exemplary style...

Aditi Somani
Aditi Somani

Aditi Somani specialises in luxury fusion wear with international cuts and ...

Nisha Chanda
Whistling Woods International School of Fashion

<div>A lack of upgraded courses in costume designing and fashion as per...

Press Release

Press Release

Letter to Editor

Letter to Editor

RSS Feed

RSS Feed

Submit your press release on


editorial@fibre2fashion.com

Letter To Editor






(Max. 8000 char.)

Search Companies





SEARCH

September 2017

Subscribe today and get the latest update on Textiles, Fashion, Apparel and so on.

news category


Related Categories:

Planning to Take the Leap towards
Sustainability?

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes No

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?

Yes
74.5%
No
12.8%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think the sustainability space has the needed tools and resources available for a business to lead change?

Yes
61.7%
No
25.5%
Skip
12.8%

Total Votes: 47

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes No

Active Poll

Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?

Yes
87.2%
No
6.4%
Skip
6.4%

Total Votes: 47

Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.

Active Poll

Do you want the world to know about your sustainability journey and your business’ environmental footprint?

Yes
70.2%
No
10.6%
Skip
19.1%

Total Votes: 47


E-News Insight
Subscribe Today and Get the
Latest News Update in Your Mail Box.
Advanced Search