Trend Micro provides easy-to-manage security to Guess?
Switching to Trend Micro Incorporated, a global cloud security leader, has raised the level of confidence in security for fashion giant Guess? – for the technology staffers who spend less time battling threats, for managers who appreciate that threats are stopped in the cloud, and for employees who don't have to think about security and who can focus instead on creating trend-setting designs for the fashion-conscious.
The 30-year-old international fashion industry leader designs, markets, distributes and licenses contemporary apparel, denim, handbags, watches, footwear and other related consumer products. Guess? operates over 431 retail stores in the United States and Canada and 723 retail stores outside of North America.
Its technology team faced the challenge of managing a large-scale geographically distributed infrastructure from a central data center, while meeting Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance and keeping up with the latest threats. While fashion can be complex, the Guess? IT team wanted simple, easy-to-manage security.
Trend Micro designed a fit-to-form security structure to specifically meet Guess? needs at every stage:
First, Trend Micro Threat Management Services helped Guess? identify and analyze corporate-wide security and vulnerabilities and showed them exactly where their security solutions needed improvement. The discovery process and working relationship with Trend Micro also led to a switch to Trend Micro Enterprise Security, a portfolio of products that include:
• Endpoint security (Trend Micro Enterprise Security for Endpoints, with the flagship product Trend Micro OfficeScan protecting PCs and file servers)
• Messaging security (Trend Micro ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange)
• Firewall functionality (Trend Micro Intrusion Defense Firewall)
• Security management and monitoring (Trend Micro Control Manager)
More recently, Guess? deployed Trend Micro Deep Security, an advanced server security solution that protects operating systems, applications and data on physical, virtual and cloud servers. Trend Micro Deep Security has enabled Guess? to:
• Increase confidence in the company's defenses from threats.
• Be PCI compliant with out-of-box protection and a console that shows multiple security features.
• Easily manage security, with very little oversight required.
• Pass rigorous server security tests.
• Have flexibility and ease of changing policies and protection levels to continually align security with the business.
• Take full advantage of virtualization in the data center, with the convenience of a security solution that can protect both traditional and virtual servers.
"Every year we bring in security experts and ask them to try to breach our security. When we switched our endpoint security to Trend Micro OfficeScan, it really impressed the experts," said Scott Forrest, the director of the Networks & Infrastructure department at Guess? "The second year, the team was more familiar with OfficeScan, but still found it to be one of the most secure endpoint suites to break through. Since we added Deep Security, they are not getting into any of the servers protected by it. This has turned into a great practice for us."
Guess?, Inc. designs, markets, distributes and licenses a lifestyle collection of contemporary apparel, denim, handbags, watches, footwear and other related consumer products.
Trend Micro Incorporated, a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers.
Trend Micro Incorporated