The Ci6x family of scalable solutions is able to read a wide range of materials and provide benchmark measurements that can be used at each step of the production or assembly process for products as varied as coatings, plastics, textiles, wood and other materials.
An easy-to-use and affordable solution for process quality control, the Ci6x supports a breadth of materials, offering industries like paints, plastics, automotive, textiles and packaging a means to improve products within their production processes.
The Ci6x is X-Rite's response to customers' needs for a versatile handheld spectrophotometer that provides tighter controls of color for materials, in-process parts and finished goods along with an audit trail to ensure productivity for facilities with multiple sites. The Ci64UV product is equipped with UV illumination to support the growing trend of adding optical brightener agents to materials.
"One of the things that really stood out for us was the Bluetooth capability of the instrument," said Justin Laird, color scientist in the stain mixing lab of The Gunlocke Co., which manufactures fine wood furniture for discriminating executives and professionals with private offices. "Having the wireless link offers flexibility to current quality processes making obtaining color information easier.”
"Prior to this device, we were at best a day late in tracking our color data because of the way we downloaded measurements, so when we began using the Ci6x, we are able to see how we are doing on color at different points in the production process."
With NetProfiler 3.0 enabled, the Ci6x allows companies to optimize and verify that their instruments are calibrated to a single centerline standard. NetProfiler 3.0 ensures that color measurements taken throughout the supply chain -- whether design, production, lab or quality assurance -- are accurate and reliable. By simplifying and automating an audit trail, brands and manufacturing plants can monitor compliance at any facility.
The Ci6x key handheld features include:
- A Spectralon sphere for enhanced durability providing years of reliable measurements.
- Embedded NetProfiler 3 delivers operations managers the confidence to share, validate and audit data from device to device.
- Simultaneous specular included/specular excluded measurement in less than 2 seconds provides quick response quality control to determine if color variance is caused by appearance.
- USB and available Bluetooth communications capabilities allows for easy connection to computers and remote measurement throughout an operation.
- Ci64 Graphical Jobs use visuals on a large color screen to ensure reliable measurement collection; reducing human error and creating consistency in processes.
- Aperture sizes 4, 8 and 14 mm diameters are available for customized measurement.
- Compatible with X-Rite SP6x handheld historical data, making data transfer and sharing easy.
- Seamless integration with other powerful X-Rite software for industrial applications, such as Color iQC.
Apparel/Garments | On 25th Feb 2017
Gildan Activewear, which recently acquired US fashion brand American...
Apparel/Garments | On 25th Feb 2017
Kolon Sport, an outdoor gear and clothing brand of Korea based Kolon...
Fashion industry likely to remain labour-intensive in coming years
Dow Microbial Control
'Silvadur is most rapidly adopted in areas where hygiene-conscious and...
Varinder Singh Jawanda
Sizing and fitting issues are inherent problems for companies expanding...
Bombay Textile Research Association
Bombay Textile Research Association (BTRA) is a leading name in textile...
Paolo Ocleppo, Rotary Cutting Segment manager, Sandvik Hyperion discusses...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
Silvia Venturini Fendi
"Yes, my confidence and positive attitude are my strengths and should be...
Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...
Rupa Sood and Sharan Apparao
Nayaab, an exhibition meant to celebrate Indian weaves, is in its second...
Information Technology | On 21st Feb 2017