The Ci6x family of scalable solutions is able to read a wide range of materials and provide benchmark measurements that can be used at each step of the production or assembly process for products as varied as coatings, plastics, textiles, wood and other materials.
An easy-to-use and affordable solution for process quality control, the Ci6x supports a breadth of materials, offering industries like paints, plastics, automotive, textiles and packaging a means to improve products within their production processes.
The Ci6x is X-Rite's response to customers' needs for a versatile handheld spectrophotometer that provides tighter controls of color for materials, in-process parts and finished goods along with an audit trail to ensure productivity for facilities with multiple sites. The Ci64UV product is equipped with UV illumination to support the growing trend of adding optical brightener agents to materials.
"One of the things that really stood out for us was the Bluetooth capability of the instrument," said Justin Laird, color scientist in the stain mixing lab of The Gunlocke Co., which manufactures fine wood furniture for discriminating executives and professionals with private offices. "Having the wireless link offers flexibility to current quality processes making obtaining color information easier.”
"Prior to this device, we were at best a day late in tracking our color data because of the way we downloaded measurements, so when we began using the Ci6x, we are able to see how we are doing on color at different points in the production process."
With NetProfiler 3.0 enabled, the Ci6x allows companies to optimize and verify that their instruments are calibrated to a single centerline standard. NetProfiler 3.0 ensures that color measurements taken throughout the supply chain -- whether design, production, lab or quality assurance -- are accurate and reliable. By simplifying and automating an audit trail, brands and manufacturing plants can monitor compliance at any facility.
The Ci6x key handheld features include:
- A Spectralon sphere for enhanced durability providing years of reliable measurements.
- Embedded NetProfiler 3 delivers operations managers the confidence to share, validate and audit data from device to device.
- Simultaneous specular included/specular excluded measurement in less than 2 seconds provides quick response quality control to determine if color variance is caused by appearance.
- USB and available Bluetooth communications capabilities allows for easy connection to computers and remote measurement throughout an operation.
- Ci64 Graphical Jobs use visuals on a large color screen to ensure reliable measurement collection; reducing human error and creating consistency in processes.
- Aperture sizes 4, 8 and 14 mm diameters are available for customized measurement.
- Compatible with X-Rite SP6x handheld historical data, making data transfer and sharing easy.
- Seamless integration with other powerful X-Rite software for industrial applications, such as Color iQC.
Textiles | On 12th Dec 2017
Coats, the world’s leading industrial thread manufacturer, has...
Apparel/Garments | On 12th Dec 2017
India has imported $87.4 million worth of readymade garments from...
‘Portugal is taking away a major share of the mill made sector.’
Mukesh Agarwal & Rajesh Agarwal
Madhuram Fincap Pvt Ltd
Increasing prices and lack of demand main issues facing industry
Wigwam Mills Inc
Wigwam aims to recycle discarded yarn that doesn’t make it through the...
Jupiter Comtex Pvt Ltd, established in 1973, started its textile machinery ...
Oswal Prints Private Limited has been manufacturing and exporting ethnic...
Softech Controls Private Limited (SCPL) is a part of the Cotmac Group, an...
Kevin Nelson, Chief Scientific Officer, TissueGen discusses the growing...
Swerea IVF AB
Marten Alkhagen, Senior Scientist - Nonwoven and Technical Textiles of...
Steve Cole of Xerium Technologies discusses the industry. Xerium is the...
India Boulevard is a San Francisco-based curated fashion marketplace that...
Aditi Somani specialises in luxury fusion wear with international cuts and ...
<b>Sanjukta Dutta</b> creates unique garments by clubbing prints of...
Do you see sustainability as a route to business growth?Yes
Total Votes: 92
Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?Yes No Skip
Total Votes: 92
Do you think adopting a sustainable approach will be a profitable move for your business?Yes
Total Votes: 92
Thanks for your valuable feedback. Claim your free latest sustainability e-book.
Total Votes: 92