The Ci6x family of scalable solutions is able to read a wide range of materials and provide benchmark measurements that can be used at each step of the production or assembly process for products as varied as coatings, plastics, textiles, wood and other materials.
An easy-to-use and affordable solution for process quality control, the Ci6x supports a breadth of materials, offering industries like paints, plastics, automotive, textiles and packaging a means to improve products within their production processes.
The Ci6x is X-Rite's response to customers' needs for a versatile handheld spectrophotometer that provides tighter controls of color for materials, in-process parts and finished goods along with an audit trail to ensure productivity for facilities with multiple sites. The Ci64UV product is equipped with UV illumination to support the growing trend of adding optical brightener agents to materials.
"One of the things that really stood out for us was the Bluetooth capability of the instrument," said Justin Laird, color scientist in the stain mixing lab of The Gunlocke Co., which manufactures fine wood furniture for discriminating executives and professionals with private offices. "Having the wireless link offers flexibility to current quality processes making obtaining color information easier.”
"Prior to this device, we were at best a day late in tracking our color data because of the way we downloaded measurements, so when we began using the Ci6x, we are able to see how we are doing on color at different points in the production process."
With NetProfiler 3.0 enabled, the Ci6x allows companies to optimize and verify that their instruments are calibrated to a single centerline standard. NetProfiler 3.0 ensures that color measurements taken throughout the supply chain -- whether design, production, lab or quality assurance -- are accurate and reliable. By simplifying and automating an audit trail, brands and manufacturing plants can monitor compliance at any facility.
The Ci6x key handheld features include:
- A Spectralon sphere for enhanced durability providing years of reliable measurements.
- Embedded NetProfiler 3 delivers operations managers the confidence to share, validate and audit data from device to device.
- Simultaneous specular included/specular excluded measurement in less than 2 seconds provides quick response quality control to determine if color variance is caused by appearance.
- USB and available Bluetooth communications capabilities allows for easy connection to computers and remote measurement throughout an operation.
- Ci64 Graphical Jobs use visuals on a large color screen to ensure reliable measurement collection; reducing human error and creating consistency in processes.
- Aperture sizes 4, 8 and 14 mm diameters are available for customized measurement.
- Compatible with X-Rite SP6x handheld historical data, making data transfer and sharing easy.
- Seamless integration with other powerful X-Rite software for industrial applications, such as Color iQC.
Apparel/Garments | On 3rd Dec 2016
Myntra is on track to achieve sustainable growth and be EBITA...
Textiles | On 3rd Dec 2016
The India International Textile Machinery Exhibition (India ITME)...
Textiles | On 3rd Dec 2016
Indian textile firms Laxmipati Sarees, makers of polyester sarees and ...
‘There is huge demand in the Indian lingerie market for non-wired styles.’
Global Organic Textile Standard
‘GOTS is a very efficient supply chain management tool, especially for...
Every fifth sale we make on Zapyle is a repeat purchase
Larry L Kinn
Larry L Kinn, Senior Vice President - Operations Americas of Suominen...
Biovation II LLC
Kerem Durdag, CEO, Biovation II LLC, provides an insight into future...
Bombay Textile Research Association
Bombay Textile Research Association (BTRA) is a leading name in textile...
Label Ritu Kumar
‘Classics will return’ "There are a lot of people wearing western clothes ...
Bani Batra’s couture wedding collection is inspired by traditional Indian...
Gildan Activewear SRL
Gildan Activewear, a manufacturer and marketer of branded clothing and...
Information Technology | On 24th Nov 2016