First quarter 2014 results:
- Revenue grew 9 percent year over year to $275.1 million
- Revenue grew 9 percent year over year excluding the impact of currency exchange rate fluctuations
- GAAP net income per diluted share increased year over year to $0.01
- Non-GAAP adjusted net income per diluted share increased 28 percent year over year to $0.32
“Our first quarter revenue results were consistent with our expectations across all geographic regions, and we continued to make good progress against our strategic initiatives,” said Robert Keane, president and chief executive officer. “Our operating profitability this quarter was also in line with our expectations. With the first quarter behind us, we are focused on delivering against our holiday expectations during our second quarter, as well as continued improvement of our customer value proposition globally and our marketing execution in Europe.”
Consolidated Financial Metrics:
- Revenue for the first quarter of fiscal year 2014 grew to $275.1 million, a 9 percent increase over revenue of $251.4 million reported in the same quarter a year ago. Excluding the estimated impact from currency exchange rate fluctuations, total revenue also grew 9 percent year over year in the first quarter.
- Gross margin (revenue minus the cost of revenue as a percent of total revenue) in the first quarter was 65.2 percent, up from 65.0 percent in the same quarter a year ago.
- Operating income in the first quarter was $8.4 million, or 3.1 percent of revenue, and reflected an increase compared to operating income of $0.2 million, or 0.1 percent of revenue, in the same quarter a year ago.
Click here to read full results
Textiles | On 24th Oct 2016
Patanjali Ayurved, an enterprise initiated by yoga guru Baba Ramdev,...
Textiles | On 24th Oct 2016
German technology can play a major role making the environment...
Apparel/Garments | On 24th Oct 2016
Virtual fitting rooms meant to bridge the gap between e-commerce...
Studio Priyanka Rajiv
‘To reinvent the age-old tradition of embroidery to suit demographics and...
‘One of the recent trends in hand block printing is the indigo process,...
'Natural fibres are appreciated for traditional authenticity'
Voith Paper GmbH & Co. KG
The glass mat industry is growing by five to eight per cent annually. Kai...
Urs Stalder, CEO, Sanitized AG, talks about the increasing use of hygiene...
Coating at a fibre level is a practice not usually seen in the...
Bridal couture created with rich Indian heritage, exquisite craftsmanship...
Yash P. Kotak
Bombay Hemp Company
One of the directors of Bombay Hemp Company, Yash P. Kotak, speaks to...
Sonam and Paras Modi's Sva Couture is synonymous with head-turning...
Information Technology | On 19th Oct 2016