GRB launches Fashion Lifecycle Management Workflow version 8.8
Gerber Technology, a unit of Gerber Scientific, Inc. (NYSE: GRB), and the world leader in automated CAD/CAM and PLM solutions for the apparel and flexible materials industry, announces the release of Fashion Lifecycle Management (FLM) Workflow version 8.8, Gerber Technology's product lifecycle management (PLM) solution for the apparel industry.
Developed with the unique requirements of fashion in mind, FLM 8.8 provides merchandisers and developers with new and improved features and functionality for greater visibility into product development, design and sourcing in the global marketplace.
With new items being introduced as often as weekly, apparel manufacturers are faced with the ongoing challenge of maintaining visibility and ensuring efficient interaction between the merchandising, design, and product development functions.
Gerber's FLM Workflow 8.8 is designed to help merchandisers connect in real-time with designers, suppliers and buyers throughout the development process, so that products can be created, managed, tracked and delivered efficiently and more cost effectively to the market.
“The enhancements in version 8.8 increase visibility throughout the organization. This makes FLM Workflow a decision tool for senior management, as well as a collaboration tool for product developers,” said Holly Beum, director of software product management at Gerber Technology. “Gerber continues to innovate and expand features to meet customer needs for increased efficiency throughout the value chain.”
Enhanced Merchandising and Product Development Features latest version of FLM Workflow 8.8 includes the following enhancements:
• Home Page – provides a snapshot of the product line's current state with the most relevant information at the user's fingertips. The home page can be configured to support portal windows that display dashboard reports or link to external websites.
• Workplace Menu – allows users to quickly link to their most frequently-accessed areas.
• Built-in Reporting Tool – enables users to create, filter, save and share detailed reports that provide views into all functions of the supply chain. From these reports, Dashboard Reports can be created to visually display the information on the home page. These graphic reports enable users to drill down to the source documents to provide access to the root data.
• Real-Time Visibility Tool – provides real-time, editable views into functions throughout the system. Multiple data types and their respective schedule workflows can be combined into one view, allowing users to access and edit multiple data points in one click.
• Self-Reporting Capabilities – allow users to see the overall progression of particular tasks, filter to the segment of data most important to them, and then easily view completion percentages without having to separately create detailed reports.
• What-If Scenario Date Calculator - allows users to track the development of a specific product and view how changes made to a task will affect the due date and overall outcome of the product.
Gerber Scientific Inc